This is such a simple supper, but it’s also satisfying. And so easy!!
Here is how I made it :
- Sauté 1 pound ground meat of your choice (I used turkey) and a small onion in the Instant Pot using the sauté function.
- Cook until meat is cooked through.
- At this point, if you like garlic you can mince a clove or two (or more!) and add – cooking for just a bit, making sure it doesn’t burn.
- Toss in all the condiments! Lol – I literally use condiments to flavor this dish. Everything to taste – ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and a splash of dill pickle juice. Also, season to taste with salt and pepper (or, I used Montreal Steak Seasoning).
- Add 2 cups of uncooked rice, and stir. I used white rice, but depending on what kind you use you may need to up the cook time.
- Add 2 cups of water, or broth.
- I set my Instant Pot to the rice auto function. This set the timer to 15 minutes.
- When the cycle was finished, I allowed the IP to manually release it’s pressure (about 12-15 more minutes.)
- Fluff up with a fork, and taste.
- You may need to adjust your seasonings. I added just a touch more of each of those listed above to up the flavor a bit.
See how easy that was? I don’t really measure in the kitchen because I’m impatient. But just use your instincts and add what tastes good to you.
If you make this – let me know in the comments how it turned out. ❤️