The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Hi friend! Here are my notes for this week’s sermon from Pastor Steven Furtick, You Didn’t Lose It. This sermon is from Elevation Church on August 1, 2021.
Elevation Church is located in Charlotte, NC but you can get involved with the ministry from anywhere in the world! Visit elevationchurch.cc to learn more about online volunteer teams or to join an eGroup. Heads up – in the Fall, eGroups will have the opportunity to participate in a church wide study called Essentials. This would be a great time to join one!
Please remember that these are not my personal thoughts, simply the notes that I took while Pastor Steven was speaking. Context is necessary. Click here to watch You Didn’t Lose It on YouTube. Also, I’ll link the Bible verses, so you can click to read those.
As always, thank you for stopping by and reading today. 🏝
Sermon Notes – You Didn’t Lose It
- God uses coincidence to stay anonymous sometimes.
- Mark 9:14-29
- Popular opinion never overrides God’s purpose.
- A bad day doesn’t mean you’re going backwards in general.
- You have to get from the mountains of inspiration to the valleys of discouragement.
- How much better off would we be if we asked Jesus some things privately instead of saying them publicly?
- There is a difference between you and your feelings, emotions, successes, failures…
- You can’t let people identify you with either your gift or your sin – you are more than both.
- In owning your doubts, you don’t disqualify your faith.
- Lift while you look.
- You didn’t lose your faith, joy or peace, you just don’t know how to look.
- There’s a difference between having unbelief and being an unbeliever.
- Faith doesn’t disappear, it’s deteriorates.
- You didn’t lose your faith, you misplaced it.
- Many of us lost our faith in Jesus because we put our trust in people.
- Sometimes you are so intimated by “it” you forget about Him.
- Get your prayer lens.
- We can get caught up in what we are walking into and forget what we are walking in with. (The spirit of God.)
- I’m a nobody with a somebody inside of me.
- Lift BEFORE you look.
Leave a comment and let me know your favorite point in the comments! ⤵️