Sermon Notes : Pastor Steven Furtick – You Are Not It
The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Elevation is located in Charlotte, NC but you can get involved from anywhere in the world. Head to elevationchurch.cc to learn how to join an eGroup or an online volunteer team.
Please remember that these are not my words, simply the notes I took while Pastor was speaking. Therefore, context is needed. Click here to watch You Are Not It on YouTube.
I will also link the Bible verses, so you can click to read those.
As always – I appreciate you taking the time to read today. Have a great rest of your weekend!
Sermon Notes : You Are Not It
- It’s Love Week! Visit elevationoutreach.org for information on how to serve in your area!
- Mark 9:14-29
- Did He pick me, or is He putting up with me?
- Do you have an attitude of prayer?
- Or do you confuse the power with the source?
- If you’re not careful in your life, you’ll start to believe that you are what you do.
- Genesis 32:20-21
- You are not your gift.
- We can confuse ourselves with our “stuff.”
- Even the disciples came to a point where they thought they could do ministry without Jesus.
- Ephesians 2:8-10
- Sometimes we can’t receive God’s gift because we are still trying to identify ourselves by ours.
- God created the work for me to do before he created me to do it.
- God doesn’t pick people like people pick people.
- There is a power that can save and deliver – you are not it.
- Sometimes you are fighting against them, and the real enemy is it.
- It’s us versus it.
- I have an enemy – you aren’t it.
- Help me to overcome my unbelief.
- The man owned his unbelief but did not identify himself with it.
- If I’m available, my ability will never be the issue.
- Everybody has an “it.”
- You can’t blame the devil for everything – you can’t blame the nail in your tire on that when you drove through a construction site.
- When Jesus sees you, he doesn’t see you as it but as God’s child.
- You won’t always be this way – what has been taken can be restored.
- Bring your “it” to Jesus.
- You are not your sin, and you are not your fear.
- You can’t do it on your own, you’re not supposed to.