The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Please remember that these are not my own words, simply the notes I took while Pastor Steven was speaking. Context is necessary. Click here to watch Yes You! on Youtube. Also, I’ve linked the Bible verses, so you can click to read those, too.
Even though Elevation is based in Charlotte, NC – you can get involved from anywhere in the world! Visit elevationchurch.cc for more information on how to join an online volunteer team, or to join an eGroup.
As always, thank you for taking the time to read today. Have an amazing day! 🏝
Sermon Notes : Yes You!
- It’s already mine, right now.
- There is a word from the Lord for me, and for you too!
- Luke 5:1-11
- Have you ever had an experience in church where it felt like God was speaking just to you?
- God is a name changer.
- Sometimes you need to be careful who you go to lunch with after church.
- God doesn’t change you, he reveals who you’ve been all along.
- He sees things we don’t see.
- Bring forth!
- God saw the Peter in Simon.
- Simon is aware of his sinfulness, but he’s not aware of his “Peter-ness.”
- “I’m just being me” can be an excuse.
- Immaturity not self-awareness.
- A lot of us don’t know ourselves.
- Self-awareness is a horrible ceiling to show where you can go.
- You haven’t really met you yet.
- Matthew 14:25
- God doesn’t need you – but he wants you!
- He’s still Simon, and he’s already Peter.
- You’ve already got it.
- From now on…
- Jesus sees Peter in every Simon.
- It has to be drawn out.
- You can have doubt in the car, just don’t let it drive.
- You’re not stuck where you started, you are stuck where you stopped.
- Luke 22:31-32
- You will survive the sifting.
- Praise God for what you’re going to survive, and who you’re going to be on the other side.
- Faith fluctuates.
- 2 Peter 1:5-6
- Luke 22:54-61
- Jesus still sees Peter by the fire.
- Acts 2:14
- Jesus saw who Peter would become.
- We will survive the sifting!
- God knows what is in me. Yes, me. Yes, you.