The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Hi friends! I’m here today with my notes for the sermon Work Your Weakness by Pastor Rich Wilkerson Jr. from Elevation Church on February 20, 2022. Pastor Rich is the Pastor from Vous Church in Miami, FL.
Please note that these are not my own words, just the notes that I took while Pastor Rich was speaking. You’ll need some context, so click here to watch Work Your Weakness on YouTube. I’ve also linked the Bible verses so you can click to read those.
Also – you don’t need to live near an Elevation campus to get involved. Click here to find out how to join on online volunteer team or eGroup.
Thank you for taking the time to read today. Have a great week! ?
Sermon Notes : Work Your Weakness
- Happy Birthday, Pastor Steven!
- It matters what you get under in life.
- Are you able to attend Elevation Nights? (We are!)
- 2 Corinthians 12:6-10
- We tend to be a negative broken record.
- We make more out of our weaknesses instead of our strengths.
- All of us are becoming who God has called us to be.
- We are in transit.
- God is not done working on you yet.
- We can be becoming and struggling all in the same sentence.
- Struggling does not negate the truth that we are still becoming who God has called us to be.
- Problems do not delay what God has destined for you to become.
- What has God done despite your weaknesses?
- God’s glory shows the most through our weakness, not our strength.
- The point is not the thorn, but the purpose of the thorn.
- You might be weak, but God still wants to move in and through your life.
- Denying your weakness won’t solve your weakness.
- Once we expose weakness, shame hits our life.
- You will always be as sick as your secrets.
- God can’t heal what you continue to hide.
- Don’t expect someone to encourage that which you do not expose.
- We will never find freedom from it.
- If you got time to complain about it, you’ve got time to pray about it.
- Do you want change or just attention?
- Keep repeating your prayer and ask God to do something.
- There are no shallow prayers, only shallow people.
- Do you have a deep end where you bring your weakness, insecurity and anxiety to God?
- Unanswered prayers are not unmet needs.
- Sometimes the most merciful thing God can do is to not answer all of our requests.
- God doesn’t look at past performance or strength of today.
- 1 Corinthians 1:27-29
- God only gets glory when you’re broken. That’s when his glory and power shine through.
- God’s grace fills the space.
- Comparison culture kills our contentment and robs our joy.
- God’s grace is adequate for your purpose.
- We don’t get grace to be other people.
- Be you!
- James 4:6
- The purpose of the thorn is to keep Paul from becoming conceited.
- Who are you becoming? Where you’re headed is more important than where you are.
- Anything that keeps you humble is a gift from God.
- Pride comes before the fall.
- God is working despite our inefficiencies.
- Pride brings opposition from God.
- Pierced for a purpose.
- Pride is the predator of potential.
- We find encouragement in Christ’s strength.
- Ephesians 6:10-11
- The devil’s scheme is in your mind.
- The enemy defeats us because we think we are strong.
- Wherever the enemy is attacking you, ask for God’s strength in your weakness.
- Jesus doesn’t need your strength, but your surrender.
- God doesn’t call the qualified, he qualifies the called.