The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Hi friend. I hope that you are doing well today. Below you’ll find my sermon notes for the June 6, 2021 message at Elevation Church. Pastor Robert Madu preached Where Restoration Starts. Thanks for taking the time to read today. Be sure to leave a comment letting me know your favorite takeaway.
Please remember that these are not my own words – simply the notes I took while Pastor was speaking. Context is needed. Click to watch Where Restoration Starts on YouTube. I’ve also linked the Bible verses so you can click to read those as well.
Sermon Notes : Where Restoration Starts
- Mark 2:23-28; 3:1-6
- 2 people can be in the same environment, and have 2 completely different experiences.
- You cannot change what you cannot see.
- You can ask others “what is it like to be on the other side of me?”
- But you have to listen to what they say without getting defensive.
- Ask God to show you things that are broken inside of yourself so you can address the things that are wrong with you, instead of others.
- We are great with microscopes, but not with mirrors.
- Could the Pharisee be me?
- When you are doing what God has called you to do, people will be jealous. Learn to live with it!
- “Jealousy is the trophy that mediocrity gives to excellence.”
- You don’t have to deal with karma – that’s what grace is.
- God can restore the years that you wasted.
- The trick of the enemy is to make you think that your suffering is the direct result of something you did – that is not always true!
- Religion vs. Relationship
- It’s time to get your joy back.
- We need to learn what to respond to, and what not to respond to.
- Sometimes, we need to sit back and let God fight for us.
- We know the letter of the law, but we can forget the spirit of the law.
- Human need transcends human tradition.
- There are supposed to be broken people in the church.
- This is what the church is for!
- We identify people by their issues, and dysfunctions.
- We are more than our mistakes.
- What have you learned to live with, and don’t believe God will restore? God wants to restore it.
- Religion adds rules and makes simple things complex; grace takes complex things and makes them simple.
- What you reach for with your hand, you first thought of with your heart.
- When God commands you to do something, within the command comes the ability to do it.
- Jesus heals from the inside out.
- Our issue is not our identity.