Elevation is based in Charlotte, NC but has locations all over the US and in Canada. Plus, you can get involved from wherever you live. Head to elevationchurch.cc to find out how to join an online volunteer team or to join an eGroup.
Bible verses are also linked so you can click to read if you’d like.
As always, I appreciate you dropping by. Be sure to let me know in the comments what your favorite takeaway from this message is. 💛
Sermon Notes : Pastor Steven Furtick -What You Call Small
- 1 Samuel 16:1-11
- Peace is not a circumstance, it’s part of your birthright.
- It is all about what you’ve seen before.
- It’s big to God.
- What is your frame of reference?
- What you invest well increases.
- Micah 5:2
- God brings the biggest things out of the smallest places.
- What does our self defense become disobedience?
- When we reach for the wrong thing we don’t realize how much it will cost us.
- 1 Samuel 15:17
- Sometimes we’re in a role that will take us time to catch up to mentally.
- Saul went by what he saw instead of what he heard.
- God will take things out of your life while you’re still trying to hold onto it.
- Did you even want in the first place what you are losing now?
- Your burden may seem small to others because they have no idea how big it is.
- We can either dramatize or downplay.
- We gravitate towards what is familiar, even if it’s not right.
- God doesn’t see what we see.
- Compliment someone – you can change their whole day.
- We look for immediate results – God looks for eternal impact.
- Stuff you just say in anger, people live with for a decade.
- God doesn’t need to be impressed by us.
- Don’t crown the first thing you see that looks good; don’t settle. Wait for David.
- Marriage is eroded one text at a time.
- You are one thought away from ruining your life – or to moving onto a great future that God has planned for you.
Again, I appreciate you reading. Also, you can check out the notes for the last message here : Built Different by Pastor Steven Furtick.