Sermon Notes : Pastor Steven Furtick – What It Means Is Up To Me
The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Hi everyone. I hope you’re doing great today.
You can watch the message in it’s entirety by clicking this link. Remember that I take my notes in real time so context is needed – make sure you watch it if you haven’t already.
Also, if you’d like to get involved as a volunteer with Elevation, or join an eGroup then click this link to find out more information.
Thanks for stopping by today.
Sermon Notes : What It Means Is Up To Me
- When you access the belief that you are worthless, you start to walk around with your head down – but today is the day that you can throw back your shoulders and say “I believe in resurrection, and I believe in Jesus!”
- What does it matter? What shall I choose? What does it mean?
- Philippians 1:18-22
- Motives don’t matter as much as God’s mission.
- We have to make the choice to rejoice.
- I did it, I am doing it, and I will continue to do it!
- The resource is greater than the resistance.
- Genesis 50:19-23
- What you do is up to you, but what it means is up to me.
- We need to be child-like, not childish.
- How many things that the world calls success is really just ego?
- I got the fruit of the spirit!
- When you finally get something and it’s really empty, it’s almost worse than never getting it.
- Everything is meaningless until you give it meaning.
- Success needs to be seen in the right context – so does failure.
- I’m not chained to it – it’s chained to me!
- It’s up to me what it means!
- Do not fight against what God is bringing into your life.
- Most of us assume that when we say we are in God’s presence that our circumstances are favorable – but we need to realize that God is with us even when we don’t feel him there.
- John 15:2
- If you always think that bad things happening comes from the devil attacking you, you will miss the opportunity to bear fruit.
- The proof is in the pruning.
- “How I interpret silence comes from how I understand myself.” Amen, Pastor Steven.
- When you’re looking for loss, you will find it.
- Look for the love of God when you’re going through a period of loss.
- The ability to see how God is working
- Genesis 41:50-52
- God makes us fruitful in our failure – it’s only over if you quit.
- God gave Joseph so much fruit, that all he went through made it worth it.
- We are in a pruning season, but God prunes those that he loves.
- The enemy’s attack is proof of how much God has put his breath inside of me.
- God is still God even when you feel like you’re in prison.
Once again, I appreciate you dropping in today – enjoy the rest of your day.