The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra.
My notes for Pastor Steven Furtick’s sermon What it Means is Up to Me. From Elevation Church on October 18, 2020.
Click here to watch What it Means is Up to Me on YouTube.
Click here to join an online volunteer team or an eGroup at Elevation.
Bible verses are linked if you’d like to read them.
Please remember that these are not my own words, simply the notes that I took while listening.
Sermon Notes : What it Means is Up to Me
- When you access the belief that you are worthless, you start to walk around with your head down – but today is the day that you can throw back your shoulders and say “I believe in resurrection, and I believe in Jesus!”
- What does it matter? What shall I choose? What does it mean?
- Philippians 1:18-22
- Motives don’t matter as much as God’s mission.
- We have to make the choice to rejoice.
- I did it, I am doing it, and I will continue to do it!
- The resource is greater than the resistance.
- Genesis 50:19-23
- What you do is up to you, but what it means is up to me.
- We need to be child-like, not childish.
- How many things that the world calls success is really just ego?
- I got the fruit of the spirit!
- When you finally get something and it’s really empty, it’s almost worse than never getting it.
- Everything is meaningless until you give it meaning.
- Success needs to be seen in the right context – so does failure.
- I’m not chained to it – it’s chained to me!
- It’s up to me what it means!
- Do not fight against what God is bringing into your life.
- Most of us assume that when we say we are in Gods presence that our circumstances are favorable – but we need to realize that God is with us even when we don’t feel him there.
- John 15:2
- If you always think that bad things happening comes from the devil attacking you, you will miss the opportunity to bear fruit.
- The proof is in the pruning.
- “How I interpret silence comes from how I understand myself.” Amen, Pastor Steven.
- When you’re looking for loss, you will find it.
- Look for the love of God when you’re going through a period of loss.
- The ability to see how God is working
- Genesis 41:50-52
- God makes us fruitful in our failure – it’s only over if you quit.
- God gave Joseph so much fruit, that all he went through made it worth it.
- We are in a pruning season, but God prunes those that he loves.
- The enemy’s attack is proof of how much God has put his breath inside of me.
- God is still God even when you feel like you’re in prison.
Leave a comment with your favorite takeaway from this sermon.
Click here to see the rest of my sermon notes from Elevation Church.