The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Hi friends! I’m back this week with notes for Pastor Holly Furtick’s sermon titled Waiting On My Miracle. This message is from Elevation Church on May 29, 2022.
Head to elevationchurch.cc to learn how to join an online volunteer team or an eGroup – you don’t need to live in Charlotte! You can be involved in the ministry from wherever you are.
Also, please remember that these are only notes that I took while Pastor Holly was speaking. Context is needed. You can watch Waiting On My Miracle on YouTube by clicking here.
I’ve also linked the bible verses, so you can click on those to read.
Thanks for stopping by today. I appreciate your support. 🏝
Sermon Notes : Waiting On My Miracle
- Click here to sign up to receive updates for Love Week 2022!
- Mark 5:21-43
- It’s hard to watch someone else get the thing that you want.
- When you’re believing God for something and it seems like he hasn’t heard your prayer.
- It’s not necessarily a bad thing to be specific with God.
- God wants you to pray about everything.
- He is a very present helper in times of trouble.
- There is no line to wait on God.
- We have to remember that He is our heavenly father, and he is perfect.
- He’s not doing his best, he knows what is best for us.
- When waiting on a miracle you have 2 choices – you can stay close or you can be carried away.
- When you’re desperate, the enemy will try to get you away from Jesus.
- We know what we need to do, but do we do it?
- You have to make a conscious effort to build your faith on other people’s answered prayers.
- Even if our prayers don’t get answered how we expect, he is doing a work in us.
- God doesn’t give you a timeline, that’s why you have to stay close.
- God doesn’t give us a timeline because he is doing something so much bigger.
- If God gave us everything we asked for, we’d be spoiled brats.
- God is more concerned about our hearts than he is about our situation.
- God can do anything, but he’s doing something bigger in your life.
- We can either focus on our fear, or we can focus on the one who is with us.
- Fear will cause you to flee.
- Stay Close, Look Up, and watch out.
- Who you allow in your life will make or break your faith.
- Well meaning people who have not been through your situation can hinder your faith.
- You are not under any obligation to let the world know what you’re going through.
- Sometimes pushing in and leaning into people God has placed in your life is how you stay close.
- Jairus asked for healing, but instead he got resurrection.
- We have to hold the list of our prayers with a light grip, because sometimes God will ask us to let go of our list and hold firm to our faith.
- There is no darkness we can experience that Jesus has not already felt.
- While we wait for an answer, we find grace and mercy in our time of need.
- It’s in the waiting that we get to know him better.
- If you stay close, you’ll come out stronger on the other side.
- Isaiah 40:28-30