The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra.
My notes for Pastor Steven Furtick’s sermon Use Your Inside Voice. From Elevation Church on November 8, 2020.
Click here to watch Use Your Inside Voice on YouTube.
Click here to join an online volunteer team or eGroup at Elevation.
Bible verses are linked if you’d like to read them.
Please note that these are not my own words, simply the notes that I took while listening.
Sermon Notes : Use Your Inside Voice
- No one can worship for you. You need an internal worship team.
- God is eternal.
- You can worship him wherever you are – geographically or emotionally.
- There is nowhere you can run from his presence.
- Don’t forget about Reflect! Nov. 12, 2020
- Mark 3:20 – 31
- What is your inside voice?
- How critical are you of yourself?
- Jesus was rarely, if ever, driven by the opinions of outside voices.
- Have we accepted that Jesus died to forgive us for our sin, but not experience that he also died to deliver us from cynicism?
- Jesus moved away from where he came from to do what he was called to do.
- Do you ever get mad at someone or criticize them for things that they can do that you can’t?
- Cynicism is a strategy – how we deal with disappointment, and serves as a shield.
- Our busy-ness is the very thing that keeps God from doing his work…his business.
- Too much knowledge and noise can block wisdom.
- Too much mastery of God closes us to the mystery of God.
- Matthew 12:25
- My inside voice is so destructive…making me see myself and others in such a negative light.
- Jesus came to deal with your inside voice.
- The temptations that you don’t talk about in eGroup.
- It’s silly what we try to hide from God when he hears our inside voice – down to your groans. He can interpret those.
- As Christians we love to blame the devil – but sometimes we give the devil credit for something that God is trying to do.
- The devil didn’t do it.
- Sometimes your decisions did it.
- There’s a voice that always tries to make you the victim.
- The kingdom of God was coming, but their cynicism stopped them from experiencing it.
- Do you have a cynical spirit?
- Cynicism is counterfeit wisdom.
- It looks like wisdom, truth, righteousness, faith.
- It’s really manipulation.
- That is not the spirit of God.
- What are you preaching from you personal pulpit?
- Who’s report will you believe?
- Everything significant in this scripture happens on the inside.
- We can get focused on the temporal.
- External/Internal opposition from both the scribes and his own family.
- The secret is in the voices that you respond to.
- Those voices come mainly from those that you surround yourself with.
- Real power doesn’t have to shout.
- Do you know who you are and where you came from?
- 1 John 4:4
- Jesus didn’t come from Mary – he came through Mary.
- Are you steered by the will of your Father?
- You are from God.
- Do you talk like where you come from? Does your attitude reflect it?
- Not your physical location – but from God.
- It doesn’t take faith to be cynical.
- You are made in God’s image.
- He knows what is going on inside your heart today.
- Real wisdom creates more faith, not less.
- Voices become view points.
- We listen to the people who don’t have our best interests at heart.
- What you hear gets in your heart – what you scroll gets in your spirit.
- This is why you’re stressed.
- Cynicism is a sickness.
- Why would we have the spirit of God and speak the language of satan?
- This week start talking like where you come from – you are from God – speak like that!
- Mark 3:28
- Jesus vouches for himself.
- We’ve got to stop waiting for humans to validate our identity.
- Have you lost your internal Amen?
- Jesus was surrounded by cynicism but was led by the spirit of God.
- Are you following the voice that calls you back to familiar even though you know that it’s not good for you?
- Have you got so much noise that you don’t even notice God’s voice when he speaks anymore?
- I need help with my inside voice.
- The voice you give attention to is the one you experience.
- John 11:33-43
Please leave a comment with your favorite part of Use Your Inside Voice.
Click here to see the rest of my sermon notes from Elevation Church.