The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
You can get involved with Elevation from anywhere in the world! Head to elevationchurch.cc to find out how to join an eGroup or to learn about volunteer teams.
These are not my personal thoughts, simply the notes I took during the message.
Context is needed – so make sure you go to YouTube to watch the message in it’s entirety.
Thank you for taking the time to read today, I appreciate it.
(Bible verses are linked, so you can click to read.)
Sermon Notes : Unlearn Your Limitations
- Pastor Steven and Bishop TD Jakes will have a sit down on Wednesday at 7pm eastern time. Online only! Bishop TD Jakes has a new book called Don’t Drop The Mic. Click here to view/purchase on Amazon. (Affiliate link.)
- Mark 2:1-12
- Alternate title : You Need a New Roof
- Limitations are learned.
- Stupidity can sometimes have a spiritual advantage.
- To understand what they were protecting, you have to understand where they had been.
- You can’t do that. That’s not how this works.
- Are you quick to give up and assume it isn’t God’s will when you can’t immediately see a way in?
- God loves you too much to leave you in something that is limiting you.
- He is confrontational.
- There comes a time to escalate.
- God has a mighty hand and an outstretched arm.
- We can turn gifts into limitations.
- The way we see ourselves in some seasons doesn’t apply to other seasons.
- Who built your roof to begin with?
- Why do we try to limit ministry to the places we are comfortable in?
- We learn lies and become loyal to them, and then those lies become limits.
- Sometimes it’s better to ask forgiveness than permission.
- 1 Corinthians 2:6-10
- The right people in your life can lead you to healing.
- The biggest block was the limitations in the hearts of the scribes.
- What are the limitations that God is calling you to unblock?
- Temperaments are given, but personalities are a pattern.
- Jesus is our friend that has no limitations.
- The limitation is a gift.
- Jesus can hear thoughts, see faith, and God can forgive sins!
Once again – I appreciate you stopping by. Enjoy the rest of your day!