The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Elevation is located in Charlotte, NC – but you can get involved from anywhere in the world! Head to elevationchurch.cc to learn how to join an eGroup or an online volunteer team.
Please remember, these are not my words but simply my notes I took while Pastor was speaking. You’ll need to watch the full sermon if you haven’t already for context. Click here to view on YouTube. And all bible verses are linked so you can click to read them.
Also, this message was so good, and I took a ton of notes so please bear with me. 😅
Thank you for stopping by today.
Sermon Notes : Too Grown To Give Up
- You, as a child of God, are never at the mercy of your emotions.
- Hebrews 11:23-29
- When he had grown up; he persevered.
- You doń’t know what you’ve got until you’re grown.
- Have you ever borrowed someone’s belief in you?
- Moses’ parents had the faith to see the significance in what was hidden.
- Hidden Significance
- God often hides the most significant things in order to protect the potential of that thing until the time is right.
- Showing something too early can short circuit the creativity.
- Don’t quit on what God called you to do.
- You go through the hardest attacks at the moments in your life when you are going to be used by God the most.
- Childlike faith does not equal childish faith.
- God can and will save you right now.
- Conflicted Identities
- When you’re not used to the new things, so you return to what you knew.
- What is new in that moment is costing you.
- Moses chooses what he will be defined by.
- You have a decision about what you will be defined by.
- Moses decided not to be defined by something that he was bigger than.
- There are things that God is waiting for us to outgrow that we are praying for him to remove.
- Until you grown past the point of needing God to change things…you won’t see what God has really put in you.
- Growth is chosen, and uncomfortable.
- Moses chose to be misunderstood rather than to give up who he was.
- Grow up.
- It’s good to think about how your life can affect others…but not to be controlled by it.
- You are too grown to be taking your cues from a culture that doesn’t even know Christ.
- What about freedom from sin?
- Sins With Benefits
- Don’t quit growing.
- Behavior modification is not the point of Christianity.
- Sometimes quitting is a sin!
- Quitting is an epidemic.
- Removing those Insta posts after 10 minutes if we don’t get 10 likes.
- He was grown enough to discern what was really worth it.
- Choose your response, and focus on the reward.
- The temptation to quit is an indication of it’s significance.
- Are you addicted to quitting?
- It’s easier to quit than to face what I need to face.
- Sometimes the reason we step out in faith is because we don’t want to have to stay and change.
- The devil knows how to hide the price tag.
- Hebrews 5:11-14
- Don’t quit before you get to see it.
- If you quit showing up and trying – you’ll get relief…but relief is not freedom.
- God does not frame our mistakes like we frame our mistakes.
- Learn to get from your father what you used to get from pharaoh.
- Every need that sin is meeting in your life, God can meet it in a better way.
- God is calling us to deeper faith.
- Before Moses chose God, God chose Moses.
- Faith without patience is childish faith.
- You don’t have to quit what God has called you to, you have to shift how you are doing it.
- Choose the struggle instead of the relief of quitting.
Please let me know in the comments what your biggest takeaway from Too Grown To Give Up is. I’d love to hear it.