Sermon Notes : Pastor Steven Furtick – Timing Your Testimony
The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
I take these notes in real time, so you’ll need full context. Click here to watch the message on YouTube. (Bible verses are linked so you can click to read.)
As a reminder – these are not my thoughts. They are simply notes that I take while Pastor is speaking.
Elevation is located in Charlotte, NC but you can get involved from anywhere in the world. Head to elevationchurch.cc to find out how to volunteer or join an eGroup.
I appreciate you taking the time to read today. Enjoy the rest of your day.
Sermon Notes : Timing Your Testimony
- Old Church Basement, collab with Elevation Worship, Maverick City Music and Brandon Lake releases Friday April 30th!
- 2 Kings 8:1-6
- Stay for a while.
- GIVE BACK EVERYTHING!
- Trust takes time.
- Have you told yourself your true testimony?
- You can act on Gods word and not see the result you’ve imagined.
- We become convinced the famine is our fault.
- Don’t be arrogant in seasons of blessings, and don’t despair in seasons of famine.
- You can say all the right things but still not believe it in your heart.
- God wants to give you what you don’t even know to ask for.
- Sometimes the devil beats you up for doing what you had to do in that season.
- I want it back!
- There is only so much God can do – you’ve got to speak the word.
- Go back to the place where you really belong.
- What dies in one season can stand beside you in your moment of greatest need.
- Even if it’s your fault, you can stand in the presence of God and say “I want it back!”
- You can trust God’s timing.
- Psalms 119:125-126
- Show the thing you’re facing today what God did yesterday.
- We start telling ourselves stories of fear.
- Some of the things you’ve lost in your life won’t be brought back in the same way. But God will restore them to you in a greater way than you’ve ever thought.