The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Hi friends! This week’s sermon notes are for Pastor Dharius Daniel’s message titled This Doesn’t Fit. He gave this sermon at Elevation Church on June 26, 2022.
Love Week is coming! Click here to find out more.
You can volunteer from anywhere in the world. Click this link for more information.
These aren’t my own thoughts, just the notes that I took while Pastor Dharius was speaking. If you haven’t yet, and need some context, you can click here to watch This Doesn’t Fit on YouTube. I’ve also linked the Bible verses, so you can click on those to read.
Thank you for reading today. I appreciate your support. 🏝
Sermon Notes : This Doesn’t Fit
- 1 Samuel 17:39-40 (NIV)
- How far you go and how much you grow is not just determined by what you believe about God, it is equally impacted by what you believe about you.
- God is attempting to align what he thinks about us and how we think about ourselves.
- His truth isn’t always my experience.
- When the enemy can’t change what you think about God, his next step is to change what you think about you.
- The devil is a liar, so everything he tells you about you cannot be the truth.
- Sometimes the devil shows up looking like he belongs.
- The devil can’t take your worth, but he can take your awareness of it. He can’t take your value but he can take your vision.
- Infects with inadequacy.
- The same enemy that orchestrates arrogance, also orchestrates inadequacy.
- Inadequacy also assassinates assignments as much as arrogance does.
- Be confident in how you’ve been wired and crafted.
- Samuel 16:1-13
- We stay emotionally attached to seasons that God is not going to revisit.
- We have to master moving on without closure.
- Where trust is present, explanations aren’t needed.
- Our tears don’t change God’s will.
- Attachment to the past affects discernment in the present.
- God will punish your enemies by making them watch you win.
- Have you ever felt like your ability is greater than your responsibility?
- When you get to the blessing underdeveloped, what should be a blessing feels like a curse.
- Purpose is the answer to a problem.
- What works for them, may not fit you.
- The same thing that makes you feel small in one season is the same things that God will use to make you big in another.
- Your rock works.
- Your calling is not your healing.
- What makes you feel weird in one season, is what makes you relevant in another.