Elevation Church is located in Charlotte, North Carolina – but you can get involved from wherever you are! Go to elevationchurch.cc to learn how to join an eGroup or an online volunteer team.
Let me know in the comments what your biggest takeaway is. Mine was when Pastor said that we are scattered to gather. 🤯
Please remember that these are not my words – simply the notes that I took while Pastor Steven was speaking. Context is needed. Click this link to watch on YouTube. Also, I’ve linked the Bible verses so you can click to read those.
Sermon Notes : Then They Gathered
- We’re not cynics, we’re Christians.
- Acts 1:4-14
- A lot of spiritual growth isn’t in learning, but remembering.
- There is a grace for adaptation.
- A crowd is not a church.
- We’ve all felt like God has left us at some point.
- We carry things as leaders.
- The gathering was a miracle in itself – they all scattered when Jesus died.
- They have been empowered to bring the gospel to the world.
- Matthew 18:19-20
- I love our church, too.
- Adapt, don’t stop.
- Let’s praise the Lord together.
- Certain seasons will thin out your perception of “they”.
- You are not yet all that you will be.
- Who you include in your personal “they” in your life can be the biggest determining factor in where you end up.
- Don’t beat yourself up so much that you can’t receive the grace that God gives you to change.
- The enemy uses condemnation to keep you from receiving it.
- The same ones that scattered, then gathered.
- We need to work on releasing our need to control everything about God’s plans for you.
- God wants to do things that you didn’t even know to pray for Him to do.
- They gathered after they scattered.
- Scatter to gather.
- Psalm 126
- This Is Then, You Are They!
- For a season, they wept, but then they gathered.
- There’s grace for mistakes, but we’ve got to gather.
Thanks again for reading. Make sure to let me know in the comments what your favorite point is.