The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
You’ll need some context for my notes, since these are simply the notes I took while Pastor Steven was speaking, not my own words. Click here to watch The X Factor on YouTube.
If you haven’t yet (and are reading this near publishing day) you’ve still got time to join an eGroup to get in on the Essentials Study we are doing as a church. Click here to get more info.
Bible verses are linked, so you can click to read them.
As always, I appreciate you taking the time to read today. Have an amazing week ahead! 🏝
Sermon Notes : The X Factor
- John 5:1-15
- It was Jesus.
- Jesus is on the porch for any problem that you have in this season of your life.
- Jesus looks for need.
- Heaven’s x factor is not dependent on talent, height, charisma.
- Anywhere there is unbelief, Jesus stands to confront it.
- God shows up where you need him the most.
- Don’t you let the enemy talk you out of what God gave you.
- Have you given up on never getting better?
- Jesus will not walk past you to bless someone who is better than you.
- However, the devil will do everything in his power to keep you from realizing the resource that is right in front of you.
- Not what you experience, but how you explain what you experience.
- Not to others, but to yourself.
- It determines whether you stay stuck, or move forward.
- Stop limiting the truth to your past experiences.
- We add things that God didn’t really say to explain situations that we can’t understand.
- We need to go though and make sure that what we believe about God is really revealed in the verses not just the traditions of men.
- You can’t cross out parts of the Bible because they are hard.
- Some of the things you believe, God didn’t speak.
- We can fall in love with our stuckness.
- We get our way with the silent treatment so we don’t need communication.
- You used to have no one, but Jesus is here now.
- Jesus is risen so we don’t need to operate like he’s not.
- Your sin is forgiven.
- Jesus is on your porch!
- God wants to change your explanation.
- Let your faith explain, not your fear.
- Take something you used to be and still feel, and cross off the un. (
- Colossians 2:14
- The cross is the x factor.
- Grace changes everything.
- God doesn’t make you get to the water, he brought the water to you.
- Do you want to get well?