The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Even though Elevation is based in Charlotte, NC you can get involved from anywhere in the world. Visit elevationchurch.cc for information on joining eGroups and online volunteer teams.
Please remember that these are not my own thoughts, simply the notes I took while Pastor Steven was speaking. Context is needed. Click here to watch The Power of a Better Question on YouTube. I have also linked the Bible verses so you can click to read those too.
Be sure to leave a comment to let me know your favorite takeaway. ?
Sermon Notes : The Power of a Better Question
- Shout out to the eFam!
- If it doesn’t get better, you will.
- We are approaching the time of the year end offering at Elevation Church. Click here to learn more about that.
- Genesis 3:1-2
- Sometimes the first question that comes to our mind about something is not the best question available.
- Jesus is the answer and the question.
- Is what we think we want really what we want? What should we want?
- God starts where you are.
- What do we need?
- Sin consciousness does not bring you to repentance.
- Do you spend more time on what you wear to church than you do asking what God spoke to you through the sermon?
- Number 13:17-33; Numbers 14:1-5
- The question isn’t has God given it; the question is will you go forward into it?
- You don’t know how close you are.
- It’s eating season.
- When you’re in the desert, you ask desert level questions.
- When you ask desert questions, you get dead end answers.
- God can give you the ability to look at a situation you see as an impossibility as an opportunity.
- The promise and the problems are a cluster.
- If you’re being led by your buts, you need a new leader.
- We all have a secret Egypt – Emotionally Grips Your Potential Tightly.
- Why has God brought me this far to leave me? You can flip it – why has He brought you this far to leave you right now? Do you really think God did all of that to leave you right now?
- The devil bothers you because you’re carrying something!
- God doesn’t ask our permission for who he can use.
- Why am I consulting the devil who is below me?
- Sometimes you want to go back, you are going back to something that is beneath you.
- It’s not always bad to go back.
- You can get what you want by asking the wrong questions.
- We have to learn new ways, and new responses.
- Their fear in the moment kept them stuck for an entire generation.
- Is this worth it? How are we going to do this?
- If I will focus on my character, God will take care of my reputation.
- We have to be determined to not die in the desert.
- Luke 15:17-18
- When we get out of our feelings and come to our senses, then we start asking better questions.
- Asking better questions leads us to better decisions.
- You can always go back to your Father.
Thank you for taking the time to stop and read today. Have a blessed week ahead!