The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Remember you can get involved with this ministry from anywhere in the world. Visit elevationchurch.cc to learn more about joining an online volunteer team or eGroup.
Also note : these are not my own words, but just the notes that I took while Pastor Steven was speaking. Click here to watch The One Who Seeks…Finds! on YouTube. The Bible verses are also linked so you can click to read those.
Thank you for taking the time to read today. I appreciate it. 🏝
Sermon Notes : The One Who Seeks…Finds!
- Ruth 1:19-22; 2:1-12
- Her identity is not being spoken not by God, but by her experiences.
- Isn’t it nice to have someone strong on your side?
- You don’t always know that it was God that put a delay in your life so that you didn’t get too it too soon.
- We call it coincidence. (This is God in a costume.)
- She came and remained.
- The one who seeks, finds.
- You are grown enough to glean the part of the message that is for you from God.
- Make sure you don’t leave the part of the message that is for you because you don’t like it.
- Going back to Bethlehem should be a happy moment.
- The bread is back.
- Gleaning in the grieving.
- They brought the bitterness to Bethlehem.
- We think we will feel better, then know that we have been blessed.
- The biggest blessing of your life might come at the worst time.
- Are you good at gleaning?
- How good are you at taking a regret in your life and framing it as a lesson?
- You cannot let the grief overtake the gleaning.
- There is still something left on and in your life.
- We are grumpy, gripe-y and ridiculous.
- We make our own schedules.
- A lot of times our stress comes from blessings we prayed for.
- Sometimes you can know too much.
- The mind on a mission.
- Bitter is not a personality type, it’s a decision.
- Are you good at gleaning things to be anxious about?
- When you put your mind on a mission to find misery, the devil will help you look.
- Ruth didn’t only think of herself, because she went out and remained in a field, here comes Boaz.
- Boaz noticed Ruth before she noticed him.
- Do we seek the wrong things?
- As you go through the field of your life, you have to be very careful and selective about what you pick up.
- We complain about what we scroll to.
- Are you looking for something to be mad about?
- The devil will help me collect the evidence.
- Favor is in the field.
- Ruth’s responsibility positioned her for God’s favor.
- We pray for stuff, and don’t pick through anything.
- Matthew 7:7-11
- What are you looking for?
- Put yourself in a place of the last thing God asked you to do.
- God will find you in the wrong field.
- The eyes of the Lord have never been blind to your cries.
- There is treasure in your field.
Side note : Congratulations to Elevation Worship, Maverick City Music and Brandon Lake on their Grammy Win for Old Church Basement!