Sermon Notes : Pastor Steven Furtick – The Mentor You Didn’t Ask For
The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Even though Elevation is located in Charlotte, NC, you can’t get involved from anywhere in the world! Visit elevationchurch.cc for information on how to join an online volunteer team, or an eGroup.
Please remember that these are not my own thoughts. But simply the notes I took while Pastor was speaking. Context will be needed. Click here to watch The Mentor You Didn’t Ask For on YouTube. I’ve also linked the Bible verses so you can click those to read as well.
As always, I appreciate you taking the time to read these. I hope you have a fabulous day. 🏝
Sermon Notes : The Mentor You Didn’t Ask For
- It’s hard to keep a secret when you know you’ve already won.
- 2 Corinthians 12:6-10
- God will not let your guides become your God.
- He will not give you a mentor for where you are that will limit you from where you are ultimately meant to be.
- God wants to be your guide.
- A lot of us want to pick an outcome for our lives but then we want to customize the courses that we will go through.
- You cannot customize Christ.
- We live in a day with a lot of advice, and not much authority.
- Set an example of overcoming struggle, not avoiding it.
- It’s difficult to find someone who will break it down like Paul does.
- Don’t say God’s no for him.
- Worrying about something is not the same as praying about it.
- Ask God!
- Maybe he like you more than you think he does.
- You’re asking people questions that don’t have the keys.
- Life will give you an ample supply of thorns – you don’t have to ask for them.
- God knows what you’re prone to.
- He matches your thorn to your calling.
- Paul’s thorn was his mentor.
- The thing God gave him to teach him grace.
- There are some things that can only be learned through adversity.
- Instead of taking something away, God gives grace.
- Ask God for “therefore.”
- Don’t worship your weakness, celebrate that you’ve got a grace for it.
- Your thorn is the mentor you didn’t ask for.
- Take your thorn to the throne, and ask for grace.
- It’s a pivotal moment when you don’t allow the enemy to torment you with your thorn.
Let me know your favorite takeaway in the comments! ⤵️