The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Even though Elevation is based in Charlotte, NC – you can get involved from anywhere in the world! Head to elevationchurch.cc to join an eGroup or an online volunteer team!
Please note that these are not my personal thoughts, simply the notes I took while Pastor Steven was speaking. Context will be needed. Click this link to watch The God Nod on YouTube. I have also linked the Bible verses so you can click to read those.
I appreciate you taking the time to read today. Be sure to leave a comment below with your favorite takeaway. 🏝
Sermon Notes : The God Nod
- GOD CAN DO ANYTHING!
- Luke 5:1-11
- Your problems are a proof of life.
- God, what do you see in me?
- Strive to be spiritually whole instead of culturally normal.
- It’s more effective to teach about how to go through a storm when you are in one.
- Predestination – Jesus saw Peter walking on water before he even got in Peter’s boat.
- Jesus knew what would happen to you in your whole life. He knows.
- What kind of power does Jesus have over the situations of your life?
- Real faith not only has to be solid, it has to be fluid.
- To follow Jesus is to flow with Jesus.
- You need an anchor for your soul.
- Your boat is borrowed.
- How can you believe you have the potential to be Peter when you act like Simon?
- What you see on me might have nothing to do with what God sees in me.
- When God gives you the nod, he doesn’t look around to see who agrees.
- Luke 5 is a living picture of a spiritual reality.
- Do you battle your own inner Peter and Simon?
- They are both in your boat.
- God sees something in you.
- Peter wasn’t scared of a battle, he was scared of a blessing.
- You can get the nod from God that he’s going to use you, but reject it on your inside.
- He is scared of his success because he is aware of his brokenness.
- You can’t push away Jesus like you do with people when things get rough.
- Let the God part of you talk once in a while.
- Do you believe that if people knew you, they wouldn’t actually like you?
- You can’t get away from God that easily.
Have an amazing day!Kindle Unlimited Membership Plans