Sermon Notes : Pastor Rich Wilkerson – The Frustration of Expectation
The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Please remember that these are not my thoughts – just the notes I took while Pastor was speaking. Context is needed, so you can click here to watch the entire sermon on YouTube. Also, I will link the Bible verses, so you can click those to read.
Even though Elevation is located in Charlotte, NC – you can get involved with the ministry from anywhere in the world. Visit elevationchurch.cc to learn all about the different volunteer teams and how to join an eGroup.
Thank you for taking the time to read today. Also, comment below what your biggest takeaway was.
Sermon Notes : The Frustration of Expectation
- Romans 8:18-27
- What are you expecting God to do?
- You don’t just stumble into revival – you pray and declare it.
- It’s important to live with expectation.
- Your current situation is not in charge of your future destination.
- It is time to raise your expectations.
- Acts 3:4-5
- God will do more than what we think.
- God didn’t change, you did…it’s time to get back to how you were as a new Christian, and actually believed wholeheartedly.
- It’s easy to get familiar with the move of God.
- Your shadow is trouble for the devil.
- Are you in game of faith or the on bench of faith?
- There’s a posture to this.
- Frustration comes with expectation.
- There’s a gap between where I am and where God has called me to be.
- We’re not to be afraid of the gaps, but to be aware of them.
- Faith is work in the dirt.
- Frustration is an indication that you are living with divine expectation.
- We’re not where we need to be, but thank God we’re not where we used to be.
- The enemy doesn’t care about your past – you do!
- 1 John 3:2
- The Holy Spirit is about spiritual survival.
- Mind the gap.
- We all want revelation, but are not willing to walk through the frustration.
- You can’t risk anything jeopardizing what you are waiting for.
- Some things we need to eliminate.
- If God fulfills all your dreams, would you be ready for it?
- You should be living like God is doing what you’ve been waiting for.
- It’s worth it. Live a life worthy of it.
- Habakkuk 3:16
- I might not have it yet, but I’m believing it’s on the way.
- This your season to jump in.
- There is a revelation coming.