The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Elevation is based in Charlotte, NC – but you can get involved from wherever you are. Visit elevationchurch.cc for more information on how to join an online volunteer team, or eGroup.
Please remember that these are not my own words, simply the notes I took while Pastor Steven was speaking. Context is needed. Click here to watch Stop Crying, It’s Coming on YouTube. I’ve also linked the Bible verses, so you can click to read those.
Let me know in the comments what your favorite takeaway was from this message. 🏝
Sermon Notes : Stop Crying, It’s Coming
- Do you believe God loves you that much that he makes sure you are here to hear this?
- Haggai 2:1-9
- Be strong!
- You have to talk to yourself in an uplifting way.
- Every blessing has a context.
- Hope, not hype.
- Not only rebuilding the temple, but reinventing the template.
- You can meet God ANYWHERE!
- The proof of you sincerity to Christianity is not poverty.
- God is not stuck in our scarcity.
- Not just money, but peace of mind as well.
- God’s got it.
- Our template is based on familiarity, not always truth.
- What feels true to you, may not be always true, it may just be your template.
- What if your truth is trash?
- John 11:35
- Jesus weeps with us. He knows my disappointments.
- Do you screw things up when things go good in your life?
- You start creating what you fear to avoid being surprised by it ever again.
- Nobody compliments you when the jeans stay the same size.
- God is reinventing their template, and their identity.
- God can give you a breakthrough where there is no church building.
- There is a time for tears.
- Disappointment and anger don’t make you wrong.
- It’s not wrong to take care of your mental health.
- Time spent wishing things were like they were before is time spent wasted.
- He wants to make things better.
- Sometimes the enemy of better is not bad, it’s before.
- Reinvent, or you’re dead.
- Remnant – what’s left. The small part that stayed. The enemy will get you so focused on who left that you are not grateful for what’s left. He can’t take what God gave you.
- The Lord can’t make us better if we keep going back.
- John 11:38
- Trauma is real.
- Don’t let an old template keep you from seeing Jesus.
- John 11:43
- Jesus cried, he came, and then he called in a loud voice.
- Ezra 3:10-12
- Are you going to keep weeping, or start working?
- Keep dancing anyway.
- The glory of this present house will be greater!
Thanks for reading today. Also, remember to leave your favorite points, or prayer requests in the comments.