The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Hi friends! I hope that you are enjoying the spirit of Christmas right now. Below you’ll find my notes for Pastor Holly Furtick’s sermon at Elevation Church Something Good Is Here Right Now! From December 19, 2021.
Remember – even though Elevation is based in Charlotte, NC, you can get involved from anywhere in the world. Visit elevationchurch.cc for more information on joining eGroups and online volunteer teams.
Also – remember that these are not my words. Simply the notes I took while Pastor Holly was speaking. You’ll need context. So click here to watch Something Good Is Here Right Now! on YouTube.
I’ve also linked the Bible verses so you can click on those to read them.
Thank you for taking the time to read today. I appreciate your support.
Sermon Notes : Something Good Is Here Right Now!
- Luke 2:8-16;20
- God Is Here Not There.
- God chooses ordinary people to carry out his will.
- Most of the time, God doesn’t show up where you think he should. He shows up here, the place where you are.
- You don’t have to change anything about yourself for God to reveal himself to you.
- God reveals himself to those who have space to hear him.
- But he will not shout or compete with all the things going on in your life.
- God wants your attention.
- God Has Good Things To Say To You
- Sometimes when God speaks to us, it is to correct us.
- Jesus came so that you and I do not have to be afraid of God.
- God corrects as a loving father, not a condemning judge.
- You are blessed and highly favored.
- You don’t have to be afraid to do the things that you know he is calling you to do.
- He is with you, and gives you what you need to do it.
- 1 John 4:18
- There is nothing you can do that will make God stop loving you.
- You are loved and accepted just the way you are.
- God Wants You To Find The Good
- It might not be in plain sight.
- You will find what you are looking for – good or bad.
- You’ll find the good in dirty places, annoying people and simple moments.
- You don’t have to pretend that everything is going great – but don’t let your unmet expectations keep you from seeing the gifts that are all around you.
- Matthew 1:23
- The gift of Christmas is that you are not alone – God is with you, here right now.