The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
If you’re reading this on posting day, you’ve still got time to join an eGroup, which gives you an opportunity to take part in the Essentials study that we are doing as a church! You can also find out how to join an online volunteer team. So click here to get more information.
Please note that these are not my own thoughts, simply the notes I took while Pastor Holly was speaking. You’ll need some context, so visit this link to watch Say Yes To Simple on YouTube.
Also, I’ve linked the Bible verses so you can click those to read.
As always, thank you for taking the time to stop by and read today. 🏝
Sermon Notes : Say Yes To Simple
- What if we did the things that we already know we’re supposed to do?
- What are your spiritual goals?
- Sometimes the most complicated problems have a simple solution. (Simple does not equal easy.)
- 2 Kings 5:1-14
- The enemy wants nothing more than to keep us focused on the complications of our problems.
- God gives Naaman something simple to do.
- No one is exempt from suffering.
- The people who suffer the most, are those who suffer alone.
- It has never been easier to pretend everything is okay.
- You attitude towards your situation changes.
- You stop blaming others, stop shaming yourself for your decisions, you stop asking whose fault it is.
- Identify what is in your trash bags.
- It’s easy to isolate.
- Announcing is easy because it’s vague, and gains us pity…but it doesn’t bring us any closer to change.
- Hinting is not asking either.
- Neither is complaining.
- We all need some trusted friends.
- Have your own expectations caused you to be angry when they didn’t work out.
- Telling God what to do is not prayer.
- Have you ever gotten angry because “magic” Jesus didn’t show up?
- God is more concerned about your soul than your physical being.
- Just because something is not physically difficult, doesn’t mean it’s easy to do.
- Anger is easy. Obedience is simple.
- Just move. That’s where you find your healing.
- Will you say yes to simple?
- Whether you can see progress or not, keep obeying.
- Blaming, hiding and anger only bring temporary belief.
- Keep showing up.
- God loves simple. The enemy loves you keep you in complication and confusion.
- Luke 4:27