The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra.
My notes for Pastor Holly Furtick’s sermon from Reflect 2020 – Root Check. From Elevation Church, November 12, 2020.
Click here to watch Root Check on YouTube.
Click here to join an online volunteer team or eGroup at Elevation.
Bible verses are linked if you’d like to read them.
Please remember these are not my own words, simply the notes that I took while listening.
Sermon Notes : Root Check
- Always be bearing fruit
- Jeremiah 17:17-18
- Strong women do not happen by accident
- Strength does not happen over night – over time.
- This is hard work.
- You get strong little by little – day by day.
- A tree takes the time to put down roots.
- You’ve got to have some roots
- Time under tension creates strength.
- Finish this year strong!
- We’ve got to check our roots.
- Luke 1:26-49
- God spoke through dreams, burning bush, talking donkey, writing on the wall, audible voice
- Does God know that he can interrupt any day in your life?
- How much awareness of God do you have?
- Is your day so loud and crowded that God would have to strike lightning to get your attention?
- What if self care isn’t about a girls night out, but about not letting your calendar getting so full, saying no to another thing you were asked to do, or taking a break from social media.
- Setting aside time to read, and pray and listen to music to study God is important. Sometimes you have to find some pockets of time to do this…
- What are you listening to while you do the daily chores?
- If you don’t have a plan then you’ll end up scrolling feeds during every extra second that you have during your day.
- Some of us are letting church slip through our fingers.
- If you’re not careful, you’re going to find yourself in a very difficult storm and you won’t have the roots to get you through because you haven’t made God’s presence a priority in your life.
- The strength you need in the next season is here right now.
- Mary accept the calling that God had placed on her life.
- You’ve got to have the root of acceptance in your life.
- You’ll abandon it at the first sign of toughness if you don’t.
- Your calling is only for you.
- You can’t return your calling. You can either reject or accept it.
- Somedays, do you let yourself get stuck?
- Unwilling to put in the work required to accomplish what God wants to place in my life.
- I am lazy too!
- It’s easier to hide behind the idea that we aren’t good enough.
- You are enough! You have everything you need to do what God has called you to do.
- That doesn’t mean that it’s not going to be hard.
- You’re called to do whatever God has placed in your life right now.
- All the people around you will see your resilience when you go through the challenges.
- I can do hard things.
- YOU CAN!
- Nobody ever said that having a calling was easy.
- Requires strength so you can move through the difficult times.
- When God gives you a direction, what is your response time?
- God uses people who hear his word and move.
- Starts with the small things.
- What is the last small thing that God asked you to do?
- Becoming a woman of action takes practice.
- Be a healthy person!
- God will not give you step 2 before you do step 1
- Better is not out there, it’s right here, right now.
- Strong women understand the power of attachment.
- You were never intended to live out your calling alone.
- We need each other.
- You will need others to support you along the way.
- Get yourself around someone who is a little further along than you.
- Who is cheering you on?
- Dig in on the root of friendship tonight.
- You’ve got to build roots before the storm comes.
- If you don’t build it now, you won’t have it when you need it.
- There comes a time when the affirmation you need has to come from yourself.
- You’ve got to worship God with your own mouth.
- Everything that I have to do today, I can do it.
- You can finish 2020 doing all the things you are called to do, and not one thing extra!
- You are a rooted woman, and you can finish strong!
- We’re not going to limp across the finish line – we’re going to help each other – pray for each other and lift each other up.
- Everything God called you to do he will put in your spirit.
Leave a comment with your favorite takeaway from Root Check below.
Click here to see the rest of my sermon notes from Elevation Church.