The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Hello again, friend. Below you’ll find my sermon notes for this weekend’s sermon at Elevation Church.
This message was given by Pastor Steven Furtick and is called R U N CTRL?
I’ll post a link here to YouTube when I see the message has been posted.
Please remember that I take these notes in real time as I’m watching – context is necessary. Go watch it for yourself!
Also a reminder that Elevation is a great place to get involved – head to this link to join an eGroup or an online volunteer team.
Thanks for stopping by.
Pastor Steven Furtick : R U N CTRL?
- Making progress in your relationship with God usually looks like having less answers and better questions.
- There are 3 questions that are running your life.
- What does it matter?
- What does it mean?
- What shall I choose?
- God is not intimidated by your questions.
- God is always in control, but he doesn’t always take control.
- God will not control the portion of food that you eat, portion of news that you consume, portion of the bible that you read, he will let you watch what you want.
- You can stay in confusion all you want, God gives you peace but you have to take it
- Philippians 1:12-25
- Are you waiting for an answer from God about something in your life right now?
- If he won’t give you an answer, ask him for a better question.
- Your questions should not revolve around other people.
- The absence of an answer is not the absence of God.
- Paul is still in control of his soul state even though he can do nothing about his circumstance.
- It does’t start where you see it.
- The worst question is what is wrong with me?
- That question attracts a million answers from the devil.
- Your questions direct the integrity of your thoughts.
- Human opinion doesn’t matter as much as we think it does.
- We don’t need to try to fit in.
- Bad questions include the word “always”.
- Decide your distractions.
- You don’t realize how much something matters until after it’s over.
- Not every disruption is a distraction
- Genesis 18:12-14
- Quit caring about stupid stuff.
- “I got too much purpose to be petty.”
- Who put it here isn’t as important as why it was put here.
- What was I put here for?
- You were not designed to care about everything.
- You will decide what matters to you – everything else is a distraction.
- If the devil can’t distract you, he will discourage you – or will convince you something does’t matter even when it actually does.
- 1 Kings 19:14
- Focusing on what is broken will never set you free.
- You’ve got to have faith to believe that you matter right now.