The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Hey everyone! Happy belated Father’s Day to all you fathers, or father figures.
Here are my notes from this weekend’s message at Elevation Church. The sermon is titled “Plot Twist,” and was given by Pastor Steven Furtick.
First though, I’m going to encourage you to get involved in this ministry. Head to elevationchurch.cc to find ways to volunteer or join an eGroup, and because we are #notlimitedbylocation – you can do this from anywhere in the world.
This isn’t a time to merely be a consumer, but a contributor as well.
Just a friendly reminder that I take these notes as I’m listening live, so you’ll need to go listen to gain context.
Click here to go to YouTube to watch this message in its entirety.
Sermon Notes : Plot Twist
• God saw this year coming.
• You don’t get to choose who God uses, and you don’t get to choose what he does.
• We all have to go through Samaria (some area)
• …where we’ve been hurt or disappointed
• So now instead of going through we try to go around.
• Jesus is a barrier breaker.
• If we don’t hope for anything we won’t be hurt by anything.
• The disciples were thinking about a meal, but Jesus was thinking about a harvest.
• Keep asking questions.
• When you follow Jesus, you have to learn to like surprises
• Biiiiiig difference between worshipping a tradition and pursuing truth
• It’s okay that sometimes we get caught off guard.
• God is constantly keeping us guessing.
• Every disruption is not recognized as divine.
• God has scripted a much bigger arc for you life than how you are feeling this week.
• It’s never the things you expect that disrupt your life.
• We have to continue to approach each day like it is the day that the Lord has made.
• It’s important to be attuned to what the Holy Spirit is doing in us because we never know…
• You must go through Samaria – while we’re trying to fill our jars, God is trying to fill us.
• God can bring forth a fruitful situation from a barren womb.
• It wasn’t supposed to be the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob – it was supposed to be the God of Abraham, Isaac and Esau…but PLOT TWIST!
• God has a way of putting his right hand instead of his left hand – right hand is the hand of blessing and authority.
• God says I see people using you, but they don’t know what’s in you – and I’m going to bless you in this season even though you have told yourself this is all it can ever be.
• God doesn’t need you to be educated just available, just open, just humble, just a disciple, just committed. Plot twist!
• He is the God of the plot twist!
• Not only does God bless the wrong people from an earthly perspective – like a woman at a well, or a trickster named Jacob – not only does he being forth nations from people who’s names carry baggage, or whose names we don’t even know – he uses them for a purpose that nobody can understand.
• God is using people in this season that we walk past.
• We can get settled into our stories and situations…just trying to survive.
• For 22 years Jacob thought Joseph was dead – the miracle happened between somebody that was as good as dead.
• Just about the time you are ready to stop believing in God – don’t stop yet!
• He takes what the enemy meant for evil and uses it for good in your life!
• God is a generational God.
• We serve the God of the plot twist – he knows our REAL name.
• What is the thing that you’ve given up on in your life?
• Not only did he minister to the woman, but he sent the woman to get the whole town.
• He skipped a meal, but he reaped a harvest.
• The things about you that you don’t like, he’s going to leverage them for greater grace to be released in your life.
• He is turning things around right now! You will have joy again! ?
• Get ready for unexpected blessings in unlikely places.
• God is renovating your heart in this season.
• Setting me free from being so selfish.
• He gives us the water that never runs dry, a source of living water.
• What is the enemy trying to convince you to give up on because what you carry is so significant?
• What’s in your well?
• What other wells are you digging in your life right now?
• You had to survive! You had to rise up!
• It’s generational!
• God loves people just like you.
• Some of y’all are breaking curses and you don’t even know it.
• God will be with you.
• God will bless you better than anybody else can curse you.
• He will show you what is within you.
• She was already carrying what she came for.
• You’ve already got it!
Thanks for stopping by today. ?