The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Even though Elevation is located in Charlotte, NC – you can get involved anywhere it the world. Visit elevationchurch.cc for more information on joining an eGroup or online volunteer team.
Please remember that these are not my own thoughts – merely the notes I took while Pastor Steven was speaking. Context may be needed. Click here to watch Kept In The Dark on YouTube.
I’ve also linked the Bible verses so you can click on those to read.
Be sure to leave a comment letting me know your favorite point from this sermon. Have a wonderful week ahead! 🏝
Sermon Notes : Kept In The Dark
- Click here to find more about how to give your year end offering if you feel inclined.
- Matthew 2:1-15
- God is working before we realize it.
- Do you believe your dreams?
- We watch with the knowledge of how the story ends.
- Be careful who you judge when they’re walking through something that you are only watching from a distance.
- The devil will not succeed – the Lord’s purpose will prevail.
- Jeremiah 1:12
- God disguises prophecy as problems.
- He watches over his word to fulfill it.
- God doesn’t protect our preferences.
- The ones who should have seen God first were kept in the dark.
- God keeps us in the dark because he’s getting your ready.
- He says to stay out because his ways are not our ways, and his thought are not our thoughts.
- It takes faith to see how things end up.
- In places filled with darkness, that’s where Jesus works the most.
- The hand of the Lord is upon your children.
- Sometimes we need to look low for God.
- God’s glory is the greatest in the darkness.
- Don’t keep your kids all the way in the dark about what you struggle with. They don’t need to know everything, but they need to see that they are not going through alone.
- Matthew 2:14
- God does a lot of things at night that he can’t do during the day.
- Do you have 4am faith?
- The God of 4am doesn’t have filters and special lighting.
- If you are in the dark today, God is watching and keeping you always.
- What he does in the night you will be shouting about during the day.
- What the enemy can’t kill is Christ in you.
- If you weren’t carrying Jesus, the attack would not be so strong.
- The pain is a labor pain – you are about to bring something forth.
- God is committed to your freedom.
- Exodus 12:40-42
- The Lord is keeping vigil.
- This is bigger than you and how you feel right now.
- God never stopped watching you.
- Watch God.