Sermon Notes : Pastor Holly Furtick – You Were Not Meant To Do This Alone
The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Hi friend! Below you’ll find my sermon notes for Pastor Holly Furtick‘s message titled You Were Not Meant To Do This Alone.
This message was given at Elevation Church on August 29, 2021.
Even though Elevation is located in Charlotte, NC – you can get involved from anywhere in the world! Head to elevationchurch.cc to learn how to join an eGroup or an online volunteer team!
Please remember that these are not my personal thoughts, but they are the words that Holly spoke. Context will be needed. Click to watch You Were Not Meant To Do This Alone on Youtube.
I’ve also linked the Bible verses, so you can click to read those as well.
Thank you for taking the time to read today. 🏝
Sermon Notes : You Were Not Meant To Do This Alone
- Click here to join Holly Furtick’s book club!
- There is a difference between talking to people, and connecting to people.
- Adults have just learned how to hide their loneliness better than kids.
- It’s easier to go through life alone than to take the risk of letting people in.
- Your phone is not connection.
- Your connection to others is directly related to your connection to Christ.
- John 20:19-20
- You were created for relationship.
- The sense of belonging is a core need for everyone.
- Friendship is one of the greatest gifts that God has given us, but most of the time we don’t know how to use it.
- The right people can talk you down from fear.
- Connection with the right people can allow you to do everything God has called you to do.
- Are you more concerned about your phone connection than your soul connection?
- Check your connection.
- Check your connection to Christ.
- God does not intend for you to go through life alone, but sometimes he will pull you into a period of solitude so you realize that he is your true source.
- No one can take the place of your relationship with God.
- Why am I here?
- If your life is so full of other people and other peoples drama how will you ever be able to hear from God?
- Isolation can be a needed season of solitude.
- Shame can make you feel the most isolated the quickest.
- Don’t let your shame keep you away from the people that God has placed in your life.
- True belonging only comes from God.
- There’s acceptance when you’re among the right people.
- Check your connection to others.
- Friendships are formed, not found.
- It will require time. Talking. Laughing. Whatever you’d like to do.
- You were meant to experience life with people.
- God’s intentions are never for us to struggle alone.
- Friendships must be formed before the crisis.
- Friendships are formed in the boat.
- Your faith in God will grow when you connect with the people he places in your path.
- God gave them the spirit when they were all together.
- Check your connection to the place.
- The enemy is using isolation to keep you away from the people who are on the same journey as you.
- Hebrews 10:23-25
- When we gather our faith grows.
- Acts 2:1-4
- Join an eGroup!
Be sure to leave a comment letting me know your favorite takeaway from today’s message. ⤵️