The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Hi friends! Happy Sunday! I hope that you are all doing wonderfully today. Below you’ll find my notes from Pastor Steven Furtick for No Weapon. This sermon is from Elevation Church on February 13, 2022.
Remember that you can get involved from no matter where you live! Head to elevationchurch.cc for information on joining an eGroup or an online volunteer team.
Please note that these are not my own thoughts, merely the notes that I took while Pastor Steven was speaking. You’ll need some context. Click here to watch No Weapon on YouTube.
I’ve also linked the Bible verses, so you can click to read those.
Thanks for taking the time to read today. ?
Sermon Notes : No Weapon
- 1 Samuel 13:16-22
- This message is for all the people fighting a war that don’t have the proper weapons.
- Where are your weapons?
- The way things were for you does not mean that it is the way that it has to be for them.
- Don’t put your stuff them.
- Don’t weigh them down with your own unmet expectations of your life.
- God doesn’t promise that he will give us everything automatically.
- You’ll have to fight for joy through despair, and fight for optimism in a negative default setting.
- It’s possible.
- You’ve got God’s grace to go for what he’s given you.
- 1 Samuel 14:1-14
- What if this does work?
- Jonathan detached from the outcome to move forward by faith.
- One step at a time.
- We need to move toward the possibility of victory.
- Numbers 13:22-23
- New fruit for a new place.
- We have the responsibility to move toward what we are praying for.
- Where you sit, who you sit with, and what you believe about the will of God is critical to what happens next in your life.
- Trusting God without moving toward is not faith.
- The Israelites had to go to the world to get their weapons.
- It’s too late when you get into the battle to get a blacksmith.
- It’s too late until you let anger take over to learn that emotions don’t control you if you’ve got the spirit of God inside of you.
- You have got to see yourself as someone who has been given the responsibility by God to shape and to form.
- Are you in a battle without a blacksmith?
- 2 Corinthians 10:3-4
- It’s too expensive to go to the world to get your weapons.
- Even if it works, it isn’t worth it.
- Why would you go to the devil for it when your dad has it when you are a child of God?
- The devil will tempt you to diminish what you’ve been given.
- God has always given you something.
- The thing you overlook or don’t feel worth is mentioning is sometimes what the miracle is in.
- Don’t praise your weapons, praise God.
- 1 Samuel 14:20
- No weaponed formed against me will prosper!
- The weapons are in the hands of the philistines, but the philistines are in the hand of God.
- When you move toward what God has called you to, you will be surprised, because God can use the weapon you thought was against you to save you.
- Isaiah 54:16-17
- If God didn’t give it to you, you don’t need it right now.