Sermon Notes : Pastor Steven Furtick – No Shortage! (The Power of Therefore)
The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
As always, I appreciate you taking the time to read today.
Remember – even though Elevation is located in Charlotte, NC – you can get involved from anywhere in the world! Visit elevationchurch.cc for more details on how to join an eGroup or an online volunteer team.
Also – please keep in mind that these are not my own thoughts, but rather the notes I took while Pastor Steven was speaking. Context will be needed. Click here to watch No Shortage! on YouTube. I’ve also linked the Bible verses so you can click to read those as well.
Be sure to leave a comment letting me know your favorite takeaway. 🏝
Sermon Notes : No Shortage!
- 2 Corinthians 12:6-9
- Mentor, Metaphor, Therefore
- You feel the most frustration with the people you love the most.
- His vulnerability did not affect his ability.
- Have you got nothing to boast about, but plenty to post about.
- Paul gives us the gift of showing us that there is a thorn.
- The thorn is that thing that you don’t bring up with people right away.
- Take your thorn to the throne.
- Some things you can only learn through what you are afflicted by.
- It’s not really about the thorn.
- If God doesn’t remove it, you can expect him to use it.
- There is a contrast between asking and acceptance.
- I got grace for it!
- There is no shortage.
- If you don’t praise God, the rocks will cry out.
- There is no shortage in heaven of what you’re searching for on earth.
- You are missing your therefore when you only focus on your thorn.
- Are you grounded in grace or your giftedness, feelings, blessings, goals…
- If you keep looking at the thorn…you get stuck with what is wrong with us.
- What is your thorn there for?
- What is your gift there for?
- It’s borrowed, you don’t get to do whatever you want with it.
- Lamentations 3:18-23
- Grace is there when you fail, and also there to build you up.
- The thorns get you to the throne.
- We tend to think our thorns are punishment for God for all the bad things we’ve done.
- The story you tell yourself about your thorn is more important that what your thorn is.
- Every believer has places of brokenness.
- The thorn came from the enemy, the grace came from God.
- Purpose will prevail.
- God’s grace is there for your pain.
- You don’t get to choose your thorn, but you get to choose your story.
- What story are you telling yourself in the silence?
- That’s where grace lives.
- God’s grace is sufficient.
- Pain in your spirit can be worse than pain in your body.
- 1 Kings 19:13
- Why are you hiding in a place of shame when there is so much mercy with your name on it?
- God’s got a future for you, if you want it.
- There is no shortage in heaven for those that love the Lord.
- The more thorns you are dealing with, the more grace you are to expect.
- I receive it right now in the name of Jesus.