The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Please remember that these are not my own words, simply the notes I took while Pastor was speaking. You’ll need some context so click here to watch Never Stop Knocking on YouTube.
Also, I’ve linked the Bible verses, so you can click to read those.
You don’t have to live in Charlotte, NC to get involved with Elevation Church. Click here to find out how to join an eGroup or online volunteer team from anywhere in the world.
Thank you for taking the time to read today. ?
Sermon Notes : Never Stop Knocking
- Happy 16th Birthday, Elevation Church! We have been so blessed by Pastor Steven, and Pastor Holly and are truly grateful for this ministry.
- Acts 12:1-16
- Get dressed for what’s next.
- What kind of power was in Peter?
- What kind of power is in YOU?
- Faith is the ability sometimes to lay down and sleep and let faith answer the questions.
- God doesn’t answer by removing the cup of suffering, but gave Jesus the strength to endure.
- If Jesus is seated, I can sleep.
- We worry out loud and call it prayer.
- Our faith deteriorates when our expectations are not met.
- In the absence of answers either cynicism or faith will grow.
- Sometimes we just want someone to tell us what to do.
- Sometimes we’ve got to get on God’s nerves. Wrestle all night.
- Never stop believing that it can still happen.
- When you have been through it, don’t try to get God to explain it.
- Knock through the no when it really matters to you.
- God wants to hear your voice during worship.
- God wants to see me move.
- You won’t always know it’s God.
- Move Forward by faith without explanations.
- First Peter got up, and then the chains fell off.
- Don’t limit yourself through your comments. (I’m just not that type of person.)
- You don’t get free by asking more questions, but by taking action.
- We ask how, why and where.
- God is with me.
- Take a moment to notice what God has already done.
- Ephesians 3:20
- Exceedingly more is at the door right now.
- Never stop knocking!
- Whether it ends the way you didn’t want it to, or if you’ve got unanswered questions, never stop knocking.
Eric and I also love cake, so we used Elevation’s anniversary as a great excuse to eat some! ?