The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Don’t forget to sign up for an eGroup or online volunteer team! Click here for more information. You can get involved in this ministry from anywhere in the world.
Also remember that these are not my own words, but simply the notes I took while Pastor Steven was speaking. You’ll need some context, so click here to watch Move In What You’re Made For on YouTube. I’ve also linked the Bible verses, so you can click to read those.
Thanks for taking the time to read today. ?
Sermon Notes : Move In What You’re Made For
- Genesis 1:20-26
- He’s still speaking.
- We live in a space between where we can’t see what God has spoken yet.
- We don’t have to see it to believe it, that’s what our faith is for.
- This is a word for your insecurities.
- Advice can only help so much. We can get good advice based on bad data.
- God doesn’t give advice because he knows what’s beneath the surface.
- He made and blessed the living things.
- When God got ready to create you, He got down in the dirt and made you by hand.
- There is no mess in my life right now that I cannot bring to my maker and expect him not to say I’ll bless it anyway.
- What God blessed, no man can curse.
- Not everyone will like you. Everyone didn’t like Jesus.
- God uses the dirt.
- You assignment brings your insecurities to the surface.
- Genesis 1:2
- Success creates extra insecurity because now you have to sustain it.
- We worry because we’re insecure.
- I don’t believe I have what I need for where I am.
- Everybody sucks at something.
- I’m blessed when I’m doing what God called me to do where God called me to do it.
- Some of us tell ourselves we are stupid because we are trying to swim in someone else’s sky.
- A lot of Christians are confident in God, in theory.
- What is beneath the surface in your life, and are you moving in it?
- A bird in a bowl.
- Your brain was not made to look at everyone else’s life all day. Not made to process all the information of the world all the time.
- We are drowning in stuff that God didn’t intend for us to live in.
- We have to know everything all the time.
- God says you are good in what he made for you.
- Ephesians 2:10
- To understand you’re life you have to understand the heart of God.
- If God put me in it, he put it in me.
- Be deliberate and accurate.
- You’ve got what it takes. You were made for this.
- Focus with gratitude on what God gave you beneath the surface , and you’ll knock down giants.
- God prepared us. (Pre-paired)
- You will fit what you are formed for when you stop complaining about where you don’t fit.
- People see the product but God sees the process.
- Everyone who doesn’t want to befriend the real you is doing you a favor.
- You were made to praise and glorify.
- We need to spend time with our maker.
- You’ll never find out what His hands can do because you get distracted by what your hands are holding that aren’t made for you.
- Your mind was not made to worry about the future.
- Psalm 103:14
- When it’s messy, remember that your maker sees all that.
- We see pieces but God sees the picture.