Welcome to a new week, my friends. Thank you for stopping by today.
Below you will find my sermon notes for this weekend’s message at Elevation Church. Pastor Holly gave this message, and I pray that you will find it as impactful as I did.
Elevation is located in Charlotte, NC – but you can get involved from anywhere in the world. Head on over to elevationchurch.online for more information on how to volunteer or join an eGroup.
You can also click here to go to YouTube to watch this message in it’s entirety.
Also – my disclaimer as always is this – I take these notes in real time as our pastors are speaking, that means that some stuff may not makes sense because you need more context…also means that it may not always be grammatically correct because I didn’t want to miss a word.
Sermon Notes : Holly Furtick – More Than Miracles
- John 6:28-35
- Jesus said I am the bread of life
- Bread gives comfort and fullness – represents life and sustenance.
- Jesus came to bring a relationship with the living God
- Have you ever been disappointed with your walk with God because it didn’t turn out the way that you expected?
- This wasn’t the way I pictured it – but the problem isn’t the actual problem – the problem is our expectations.
- God is building inner strength in you that you need for the next phase.
- Raising kids is more about releasing your expectations and embracing who God has called them to be.
- God delights in showing up in miraculous ways.
- But that is not where he stops!
- Jesus is the one who satisfies the hunger in our soul.
- The new standard is faith and belief and an actual living and breathing relationship with God.
- What matters most in the Christian life is not what Jesus can do for you, but who he is to you.
- Do you know him as the one who satisfies your soul?
- What does this look like practically?
- Isaiah 55:2
- It’s important to identify the things in our life that are not bread.
- It’s a heavy burden for others when you try to use them to fill you spiritually constantly.
- When God is our bread, we know where to go when we’re let down.
- Bread is now.
- Jesus speaks you right now to your situation.
- They aren’t meant to last you forever – they’re meant so that you can keep coming back for more.
- Jeremiah 15:16
- You don’t need signs anymore – mature faith doesn’t need constant signs and wonders.
- Sometimes God doesn’t get you OUT of a situation because he wants you to go THROUGH – but he will always be WITH you.
- His bread is normal.
- God is not limited to songs and sermons.
- That’s where we look for it…
- But what if you expect God to speak to you in every mundane moment?
- God will speak to you right there.
- When we decide to see God everywhere – we will see him show up everywhere.
- God is close, but we aren’t always listening.
- A lot of times we don’t listen because we don’t want to hear what God is saying.
- Sometimes we are too busy to be present in a moment where God is speaking to us.
- God is constantly trying to remind you of his great love for you.
- You have to train your ears to hear him.
- The more you hear him, the more you see him.
- God’s bread is new.
- Isaiah 43:19
- God wants you to take new steps in order to move to a new place – but if we are unwilling to do something new we will always feel stuck.
- Psalm 34:8
- I don’t like things to interrupt my plans – but the disappointments of 2020 may be some of our best memories.
- Maybe we needed this time in order for us to get quiet enough to hear God.
- We don’t know what we will like unless we try it.
- The people wanted “miracle Jesus” but when they were asked to shift their daily mindsets they couldn’t handle the change.
- By the time Jesus gets done many turned away from him.
- John 6:66-69
- The more you experience the true bread of life, the more you realize that you cannot live without it.i
- Jesus is inviting you to a feast – all you who are thirsty, all who are hungry.
- Seek the Lord while he may be found.
And that concludes my notes for this week. I pray that you all have an amazing week ahead.
As always – please be sure to go watch this message if you haven’t already. And don’t be scared to get involved with the church, whether by giving or volunteering – it will always be a blessing to you.