The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra.
My notes for Pastor Robert Madu’s sermon Living in the Tension. From Elevation Church, June 2020.
Click here to watch Living in the Tension on YouTube.
Click here to join an online volunteer team or eGroup at Elevation.
Bible verses are linked if you’d like to read them.
Please remember that these are not my own thoughts, simply the notes that I took while listening.
Sermon Notes : Living in the Tension
- You’re only crazy if you don’t talk to yourself
- We’ve got to come together so we don’t fall apart
- John 8:1-11
- John 1:14
- When you see Jesus you will see two things – grace and truth
- What do you do when you’re living in the tension?
- All 4 of the gospels talk about the same Jesus but give us different angles of who Jesus is
- If you like sci-fi movies – read the book of Luke, for action : Mark. John is a love story.
- John wants you to understand that he is god in the flesh, divine, a deity.
- The only way we can have life and hope is because the world was made flesh and dwelt among us
- Jesus had to come where we were
- How in the world can Jesus be full fo both grace and truth? One of these things is not like the other. Beauty and the Beast.
- There’s nothing like the grace of God
- Right when you’re resting in his grace, then you get his truth.
- We have all been forced to look into ourselves
- Truth is a bitter pill to swallow
Be sure to leave a comment letting me know your favorite takeaway from Living in the Tension.