The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Hello again, friends. 🧡
This weekend at Elevation Church, we were blessed to hear a message by Pastor Robert Madu. He has spoken quite a few times now, and his messages are always relevant. This one is no exception.
Click this link to go to YouTube to watch this message. (Will open a new window.)
Remember also, that you can get involved with Elevation Church no matter where you live in the world. Go here to find out more.
And a reminder that I take my notes as I’m listening live, so you’ll definitely want to watch for yourself to gain more context.
Sermon Notes : Living In The Tension
- You have a reason to give God praise today.
- You’re only crazy if you don’t talk to yourself.
- The virus of racism has been embedded in this country – now the challenge is how do we come together so that we don’t come apart.
- John 8:1-11
- John 1:14
- Jesus is full of grace and truth.
- What do you do when you’re living in the tension?
- All 4 of the gospels talk about the same Jesus, but they give us different angles.
- Matthew is like a long documentary; if you like Sci-Fi movies, read the book of Luke; Mark is like an action movie; John is a love story.
- John wants you to understand that Jesus is God in the flesh.
- The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.
- That is the only way we can have life and hope.
- We need empathy in our world.
- Jesus personifies the principles in the word of God.
- How can Jesus be full of grace and truth?
- These 2 things do not go together.
- The truth will set you free, but will probably tick you off before it does, because we cannot handle the truth.
- Truth is a pill that everyone wants to give out, but no one wants to swallow.
- The tension of life is how can you balance grace and truth, because grace without truth ceases to be grace, and truth without grace crushes people and ceases to be truth.
- Grace without truth is meaningless; truth without grace is mean; grace and truth is medicine.
- Jesus is not shocked by your sin.
- Humanity gets shocked because we tend to categorize sin as big and little.
- Jesus sees sin as sin.
- It’s easy to look at somebody that doesn’t have the sin that you have and to judge them, but all of us have sinned and all of us have fallen short.
- You can know the word but not know the author. You can be both right and wrong at the same time.
- Why are you stressing about what you’re stressing about when you’ve got a God who is all power and all wisdom.
- He is making sure that in the end you’re going to win.
- We need to take a cue from Jesus and stop being so quick to respond to our critics.
- The enemy wants you to react, but you need to respond.
- There is a huge difference.
- A reaction tends to be quick, while a response is deliberate.
- It is okay to admit when you don’t know something.
- Jesus’ response was to come down to earth and touch the dirt – we are made of that dirt.
- What would our world look like if people would humble themselves.
- We are not different from the woman who is on the ground.
- Sometimes we get so wrapped up in our situations that we don’t even realize that Jesus has already taken care of it.
- Thank God for a savior who is full of grace and truth.
Thank you for stopping by today. I pray that you are able to take the lesson from this message and apply it to your own life.
Take care. 💛