The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Hi friends! Below you’ll find my notes for Pastor Steven Furtick’s sermon titled Life After The Let Down. This sermon is from Elevation Church on April 17, 2022.
Please know that you don’t need to live near a campus to get involved with the ministry at Elevation. Visit elevationchurch.cc to learn more about online volunteer teams and eGroups.
Also, these are not my own thoughts, but just the notes that I took while Pastor Steven was speaking. You’ll need some context. Click here to watch Life After The Let Down on YouTube.
Thanks for taking the time to read today! I appreciate each of you.
Be sure to leave a comment letting me know your favorite takeaway from this message.
Sermon Notes : Life After The Let Down
- Happy Easter!
- John 20:30-31; John 21:1-14
- He’s not finished yet!
- Sometimes the greatest way you can invite God into your life is with an honest no.
- There are things I need Jesus for while I’m still here right now.
- We press things down and hope that they never come out.
- What is your letdown?
- There is no way for us to experience the events of Easter without the events of the cross.
- The cross has become a sense of comfort.
- But for the disciples it represented a broken promise and an unmet expectation.
- Luke 5:4-5
- Are you a come up Christian only?
- Is Jesus the Lord of your letdowns?
- Some of the biggest letdowns are the things you wanted, you went after them, got them and now you can’t send them back.
- God chooses the lowest of your life sometimes to reveal his greatest love.
- Just because Jesus got up doesn’t mean they knew what to do next.
- Being a Christian doesn’t help us avoid any of the disappointments of life.
- Faith doesn’t make me avoid it, it helps me transform it.
- The more you hope and trust in God, the greater the vulnerability there will be for the enemy to tell you that God is not with you in your low moments.
- Before he got up, he was laid down.
- We think we can’t make it through this rough situation…but we also felt that the last time we went through a hard thing.
- We don’t know the strength of our relationships until after the letdown.
- Not only are we letdown, but we let others down, too.
- God knew the ways that we would let him down before he ever called our names to follow him.
- To disappoint God would mean that we have things inside that he doesn’t see.
- You’ve got to believe that you can get up too.
- There is life after the letdown.
- Come out of your grave and meet Jesus.
- He calls you friend.