The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Hey again, dear friends.
Today’s message at Elevation Church was pure ?. Pastor Steven brought such a relevant word that really ignited my soul…especially after not having watched for a few weeks, and struggling with my faith for a while.
My notes are below, and you can click here to watch on YouTube.
Also, don’t just be a consumer, be a contributor as well. Elevation has so many opportunities for you to get involved on a volunteer team, or in a eGroup.
I really love my #eFam – and being a volunteer and eGroup leader is such a wonderful community to be a part of, so be sure to join in if you can.
Click this link to find more info.
Now, onto the sermon notes. As always, these are my personal notes, and I take these in real time, as pastor was speaking so you’ll need to watch and get some context.
Sermon Notes : Just The 2 Of Us
- This one is for me.
- 2 Kings 4:8-35
- When we stop asking God what he wants to do in our lives, we limit our potential.
- What if God is brainstorming how to bless you today, not how to curse you?
- Your ministry doesn’t start when people first see it.
- God will find a way to get his word out.
- Sometimes you’ve got to look back to move forward.
- He’s gonna do the stuff tomorrow that I need him to do.
- God provided for Elisha through someone who he didn’t even ask to fulfill it.
- God is good enough to give you what you ask for.
- But we secretly want him to do exactly what we planned.
- The woman had the means to do something for God and the humility to do it – that makes her great.
- Do you really need to ask God certain things?
- Do you do what God is asking you to do?
- I don’t have to – I get to.
- Isn’t it nice to know that you’ve got someone you can count on?
- Can you say God, I’m with you?
- God will send you somebody on every season – might not be who you expected…but he will send them.
- The deepest desire of the woman’s life was met when she did something simple.
- How sensitive are you to the prompting of the Holy Spirit? Or does God have to prompt you?
- Elisha knew what it was like to stand with someone in a season of loneliness.
- There’s a difference between what you show publicly and what you wrestle with privately.
- God doesn’t have to shout because he’s not far away – the devil needs to shout.
- Have you ever felt like you’re the only one who cares?
- What if God sent this message to you today?
- He hears before I call.
- The thing you’re worrying about may never even happen.
- This is my word.
- 2 Kings 2:2
- God will give you someone that you need in every season of your life.
- The way God meets needs is through people.
- You do not have to pray about everything – just do something for God.
- She didn’t have a sign, she had an idea.
- It’s a privilege to serve God and to be in ministry.
- Instead of asking God for something, she offered what she had.
- Offer God the places of your disappointment.
- You are not alone.
- Make God a place.
- God is a god of questions even though we want so many answers.
- God is the God of the comma, and also the God of the question.
- Are you living in resentment, or shame?
- You can learn to live with certain things…you only let God’s word in so far. So you get God’s hope for some things, but you’ve stopped asking for other things.
- You’ve got to be proactive.
- Everybody has a need in their heart, even if nobody else knows it.
- Have you convinced yourself that you don’t deserve to feel good?
- To bury your disappointment is not a sustainable strategy.
- Elisha didn’t ask for a bed and the woman didn’t ask for a baby, but God met both of their needs.
- Is God giving you right now what you didn’t ask for in a way you never anticipated?
- It hurts to hope.
- Shut the door.
- She didn’t ask the man to do what he didn’t have the power to do.
- Stop expecting out of people what only God can give.
- People can help and bless you, but not complete you.
- Quit demanding unreasonable expectations.
- Who started it?
- The woman lied like you do on your Instagram feed. (Come on somebody!)
- I don’t need to talk about my problems to someone who doesn’t have the means to solve them.
- Are you dealing with something you didn’t ask for?
- The more I hope, the more open I am to disappointment
- Just because you didn’t ask for it, doesn’t mean you can’t handle it – you just have to know what to do with it.
- If God speaks it, he will perform it.
- When you can tell God the real stuff at his feet, you’re growing in your relationship with him.
- God needs your attention right now.
- Are you standing on the other side of a closed door today?
- It’s going to be personal – what god does in your life.
- It’s a process.
- God is saying “let me finish this – I started it.”
Thank you for stopping by today. I’ll be back with more next week. In the meantime, be sure to check back for more content regularly!