The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Hello friends! Below you’ll find my sermon notes for this weekend’s message at Elevation Church. This sermon was delivered by guest Pastor Levi Lusko. He titled the message I Woke Up Like This.
Here’s my reminder to not only be a consumer, but be a contributor! Head to elevationchurch.cc to find a volunteer team, or join an eGroup.
Elevation is based in Charlotte, NC – but you can get involved from anywhere in the world. #eFam
Now onto my notes.
I take these in realtime as the pastor is speaking so make sure to watch it for yourself – you can find the message on YouTube. I’ll try to remember to post the link here. ?
Sermon Notes : I Woke Up Like This
- Genesis 28:10-22
- Jacob jumped to the wrong conclusion. He thought his life was over.
- When you live as a manipulator, eventually no one in your life is going to want anything to do with you.
- He manipulated his way into what God was going to give him anyways.
- Foot catcher – not a foot washer.
- Genesis 30:43
- Genesis 32:10
- We are walking in the fulfillment of Jacob’s prophecy.
- It’s a product of God.
- It wasn’t his decision, God pursued Jacob and changed him.
- He woke up amazed.
- Man is always trying to connect earth to heaven – this is what creates our addictions.
- Jesus is the ladder sent down from heaven to earth.
- You can’t earn your way to heaven – it’s been placed on you.
- He woke up included.
- We get to be apart of God’s plan to change the world.
- We’ve all got a part to play.
- He woke up invested.
- Even when we have nothing, it should not stop us from contributing what we can.
- Don’t let what you can’t do stop you from doing what you can do.
- When Jacob promised his first 10%, it made him safe to bless.
- Generosity is the only thing that can release the stranglehold that money can hold on your soul.
- It’s not always a problem about what you’re doing – it’s about what is missing.
- 90% of your resources with the spirit of God in you is better than 100% on your own.
- Let God use your boat.
- Luke 5:1-9
- God wants you to use your boat to wake other people up.
- Ephesians 5
- God wants you to grow in all ways – it’s for a purpose – and then we can help others with outreach.
- God has called you to thrive and excel.
- This allows us to reach more people, and expand the reach of the Word.
- Sometimes staying requires more faith than going.
- You don’t win wars by retreating.
- Business owners and entrepreneurs can change the world!
- Peter was told to let down multiple nets, but only let down one.
- God can’t fill what you don’t offer.
- They were forgiven.
- John 21:7
- God loves you even though you woke up the way you did.
- Mark 4:38
- God is in control and in command – and he always will be.