Hello friends! Below you’ll find my sermon notes for this weekend’s message at Elevation Church. This sermon was delivered by guest Pastor Levi Lusko. He titled the message I Woke Up Like This.
Here’s my reminder to not only be a consumer, but be a contributor! Head to elevationchurch.cc to find a volunteer team, or join an eGroup.
Elevation is based in Charlotte, NC – but you can get involved from anywhere in the world. #eFam
Now onto my notes.
I take these in realtime as the pastor is speaking so make sure to watch it for yourself – you can find the message on YouTube. I’ll try to remember to post the link here. 😀
Sermon Notes : I Woke Up Like This
- Genesis 28:10-22
- Jacob jumped to the wrong conclusion. He thought his life was over.
- When you live as a manipulator, eventually no one in your life is going to want anything to do with you.
- He manipulated his way into what God was going to give him anyways.
- Foot catcher – not a foot washer.
- Genesis 30:43
- Genesis 32:10
- We are walking in the fulfillment of Jacob’s prophecy.
- It’s a product of God.
- It wasn’t his decision, God pursued Jacob and changed him.
- He woke up amazed.
- Man is always trying to connect earth to heaven – this is what creates our addictions.
- Jesus is the ladder sent down from heaven to earth.
- You can’t earn your way to heaven – it’s been placed on you.
- He woke up included.
- We get to be apart of God’s plan to change the world.
- We’ve all got a part to play.
- He woke up invested.
- Even when we have nothing, it should not stop us from contributing what we can.
- Don’t let what you can’t do stop you from doing what you can do.
- When Jacob promised his first 10%, it made him safe to bless.
- Generosity is the only thing that can release the stranglehold that money can hold on your soul.
- It’s not always a problem about what you’re doing – it’s about what is missing.
- 90% of your resources with the spirit of God in you is better than 100% on your own.
- Let God use your boat.
- Luke 5:1-9
- God wants you to use your boat to wake other people up.
- Ephesians 5
- God wants you to grow in all ways – it’s for a purpose – and then we can help others with outreach.
- God has called you to thrive and excel.
- This allows us to reach more people, and expand the reach of the Word.
- Sometimes staying requires more faith than going.
- You don’t win wars by retreating.
- Business owners and entrepreneurs can change the world!
- Peter was told to let down multiple nets, but only let down one.
- God can’t fill what you don’t offer.
- They were forgiven.
- John 21:7
- God loves you even though you woke up the way you did.
- Mark 4:38
- God is in control and in command – and he always will be.