The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Love Week is coming! Visit LoveWeek22.com for more info on signing up for events! If there is no event in your area, you can sign up to host one, or join a virtual event.
Be sure to visit elevationchurch.cc for more information on joining an online volunteer team or an eGroup. You do not need to do church alone! And you can serve from wherever you are.
Please remember that these are not my own thoughts. But rather the notes I took while Pastor Stephen was speaking. You can click here to watch I Wasn’t Left, I Lingered on YouTube.
I’ve also linked the Bible verses so you can click on those to read.
I appreciate you taking the time to stop by today. 🏝
Sermon Notes : I Wasn’t Left, I Lingered
- Today’s Worship Songs :
- No One by Elevation Worship
- See A Victory by Elevation Worship
- Lamb by Elevation Worship
- Here Again by Elevation Worship
- Luke 2:41-50
- You can pre-order Pastor Stephen Chandler’s book titled Stop Asking For Permission from Amazon by clicking this link. It will release on September 27, 2022.
- When you’re locked in on what God has called you to do, you’ll see doors open. #purpose
- Luke 1:32-33
- You have to live with focus and intentionality.
- You have purpose as well.
- God calls you and knows you.
- Jeremiah 1:5
- God planned your purpose even knowing the biggest mistakes that we’ve made.
- There’s purpose on my life.
- The problem with purpose is that we don’t get to do what everybody else does. And have to go through things that other people don’t have to go through.
- But you’ll be used in a way that other people are not being used.
- People of purpose are not concerned with being left behind.
- Everyone around you may not understand your calling.
- Purpose can’t be left behind.
- What’s next?
- It doesn’t matter where we are, we are always looking for next.
- It’s a prison that torments us.
- 4 Walls : Delay, Deny, Destroy, and Discouraged
- We get distracted with where I should be instead of looking at where we are right now.
- If God hasn’t opened the door for the next, it’s because he has miracles in the now that have’t happened yet.
- Ecclesiastes 3:1
- God never gives all the details.
- People of purpose are willing to be left behind just because God said I have something for you here.
- Matthew 6:34
- Where there’s purpose on your life, your opportunity cannot leave you behind.
- Purpose Leads You To Learn
- Being left behind is different than staying behind.
- Difference between complacency and contentment.
- God has more for you.
- If next hasn’t come, there’s something God is trying to teach in the now.
- Ask God : What do I need to learn?
- Can sit and complain about what opportunities aren’t coming my way, or ask what God is trying to do in this moment.
- Purpose will always put you in rooms that are above your head.
- Let insecurity overwhelm you or see that God has you here because he’s trying to teach you something.
- Instead of obsessing how everyone is ahead of us, realize that we aren’t in competition.
- Let other people’s success inspire not intimidate.
- Purpose Doesn’t Take Things Personally
- People who don’t have purpose will be amazing by God’s hand on your life, and offended by it at the same time.
- We will always live an apologetic life if we are people pleasers, instead of living in the boldness.
- Have to be okay with some awkward encounters.
- Our purpose is to hear well done thy good and faithful servant.
- If you gave your life to Christ today, visit this link and someone from the Elevation team will be in touch with you.
Again, I appreciate your support in reading today. Have a blessed week. And be sure to leave a comment letting me know you’re favorite takeaway from this week’s message!