Hi friends! It’s been a while since I’ve posted my sermon notes, but I’m back!
Elevation is located in Charlotte, NC – but you can get involved from anywhere in the world. Head to elevationchurch.cc to find an eGroup or to volunteer for an online team.
As always, I take my notes in real time, so context is needed. Be sure to head to YouTube to watch this message in it’s entirety.
These are not my original words – simply notes I took as Pastor was speaking. (Bible verses are linked, so you can click to read.)
I appreciate you taking the time to read, enjoy the rest of your day!
Sermon Notes : I Am Number Twelve
- Matthew 14:28-29
- None of the words used to describe followers of Jesus suggests “normal”.
- Just because something is a spiritual truth, doesn’t mean that is my personal experience.
- We behave in a way that is consistent with the way that we see ourselves.
- God is trying to change your mind about you.
- To get you to see yourself the way he sees you, so you behave in a way that conveys how he sees you, not how you see yourself.
- Grace breaks rules.
- What happens with them does not dictate and determine what happens with me.
- We may go in the same thing, but we don’t come out the same way.
- Not denial, but belief.
- There are always exceptions, why can’t you be one of them?
- Water Walker : those that walk on what other people drown in.
- Because Jesus reset himself spiritually, he was able to accelerate himself physically.
- God will help you make up for lost time.
- Sometimes we don’t walk on water because the command to come isn’t enough.
- Who is going to influence what I do more : the one walking on the water, or the ones sitting in the boat?
- You’ve got a #12 destiny on you.
- Embrace Your Uniqueness
- God will use your uniqueness, but he first has to show you its relevance.
- Peter didn’t lose vision, he lost focus.
- Walk In The Wind
- This means we need to have long faith.
- Not how strong is my belief, but how long can I believe.
- Scream For The Savior
- We will all reach a point where we sink.
- You don’t call on people to help that you don’t believe can or will.
- Praise reminds me of who God is, which produces a fence to keep out the negative strongholds.