The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra.
My notes for Pastor Lisa Harper’s sermon Hope is on Our DNA. From Elevation Church on June 28, 2020.
Click here to watch Hope is in Our DNA on YouTube.
Click here to join an online volunteer team or eGroup at Elevation.
Bible verses are linked if you’d like to read them.
Please remember these are not my own thoughts, simply the notes that I took while listening.
Sermon Notes : Hope is in Our DNA
- The Greeks expected hope by looking back and seeing evidence of it.
- Hope is not based on now.
- Genesis 3:21-24
- Genesis 1:26&27
- We are hardwired for relationship.
- God created and modeled rest. It is not a divine accommodation.
- Man and woman was never intended to be hierarchical relationship, but a mutual helping relationship.
- Psalm 34
- God uses David feigning madness to drive him out.
- God is near us when our lives feel crushed.
- God herded the out of Eden as a sign of redemption.
- Numbers 27
- Women were regarded as property at this time.
- God is not an autocrat – he is actively redeeming and restoring
- Deuteronomy 22:29
- God set up the women in this time to be cared for in their future.
- Matthew 18:15
- For church to be a healthy community, there has to be parameters.
- The Bible was never meant to be used as a club.
- Hebrews 4:12
- Interesting how everyone is trying to throw Jesus out of history.
- (BC is now BCE, and AD is now CE)
- The world is so desperate for hope right now.
- We have it by walking with Jesus.
- Ask God to open your eyes to the hope that is already yours.
- There is no room for dry bones in our hearts.
Please leave a comment with your favorite takeaway from Hope is in Our DNA.