Sermon Notes : Pastor Lisa Harper – Hope Is In Our DNA
The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Hi friends! I appreciate you stopping by today.
She really provided a lot of new perspectives for me personally on some passages in the Bible, and I pray that she does the same for you.
As always, I take my notes live – context is necessary…go watch the message!
Click here to watch on YouTube.
Lisa Harper : Hope Is In Our DNA
- The Greeks expected hope by looking back and seeing evidence of it.
- Hope is not based on now.
- Genesis 3:21-24
- Genesis 1:26&27
- We are hardwired for relationship.
- God created and modeled rest. It is not a divine accommodation.
- Man and woman was never intended to be hierarchical relationship, but a mutual helping relationship.
- Psalm 34
- God uses David feigning madness to drive him out.
- God is near us when our lives feel crushed.
- God herded them out of Eden as a sign of redemption.
- Numbers 27:1-7
- Women were regarded as property at this time.
- God is not an autocrat – he is actively redeeming and restoring
- Deuteronomy 22:29
- God set up the women in this time to be cared for in their future.
- Matthew 18:15
- For church to be a healthy community, there has to be parameters.
- The Bible was never meant to be used as a club.
- Hebrews 4:12
- Interesting how everyone is trying to throw Jesus out of history.
- (BC is now BCE, and AD is now CE)
- The world is so desperate for hope right now.
- We have it by walking with Jesus.
- Ask God to open your eyes to the hope that is already yours.
- There is no room for dry bones in our hearts.
There you have it. I know there aren’t a lot of written notes, but that’s because I was really trying to focus on what she was saying. Lisa is an amazing teacher of the Word.