Sermon Notes : Pastor Steven Furtick – The Guided Mind and the Guarded Heart (Take It Back)
The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
While Elevation is located in Charlotte, NC – you can get involved from anywhere in the world. Head to elevationchurch.cc to learn how to join an online volunteer team, or to join an eGroup.
Please note that these are not my words – just the notes I took while Pastor Steven was talking. Context will always be needed, so click here to watch The Guided Mind and the Guarded Heart on YouTube. I’ve also linked the Bible verses, so you can click to read those.
As always, thank you for taking the time to read today. 🏝 Also, be sure to leave a comment with your favorite takeaway down below.
Sermon Notes : The Guided Mind and the Guarded Heart
- God speaks to everyone personally and gives us exactly what we need when we need it.
- 1 Kings 20:1-28
- Philippians 4:6-8
- Change the processes.
- No one can fix what you are unwilling to change.
- Your problems are welcome in God’s presence.
- What if you started involving God earlier in the process, at the level of your thoughts?
- How many times in your life have you agreed with the enemy without even consulting God?
- Many of us have made an alliance with anxiety somewhere deep in our hearts. It feels normal, and peace feels foreign.
- Do not listen to your enemy, or agree to his demands.
- Just because the enemy speaks something, doesn’t mean we have to agree with it.
- It’s the voice you believe that determines how your life ends up.
- You cannot believe everything you hear.
- Sometimes we find ways that make the attacks stop, but actually make the battle worse.
- Sometimes it’s easier to bring God my love handles and ask him to suck them out.
- It starts before you see it.
- Your mind needs guidance.
- If God did it for Ahab, he will sure enough do it for you!
- Will we be willing go let God guide our minds so that he can then protect your heart.
- Sometimes your agreements with the enemy keep out the peace of God.
- Sometimes we don’t overthink, but we under think. Keep thinking about the same things and same thought patterns.
- If we drove our car like we guided our mind, we’d be in the ditch.
- You don’t have to wait to pray until you want the right things.
- The most important thing is that you involve God in the process.
- Have you been hit with a low blow from the enemy lately?
- The Lord will display his strengths in the greatest way.
- God is the God of unconditional victory.
- I don’t want to agree with the enemy about anything that keeps me from hearing anything about what God says about me.
- Jesus came to give us peace.
- God is a god of the mountains and the valleys.