The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Hi friend! I hope you’re doing wonderfully today. Below you’ll find my notes for Pastor Steven Furtick’s message from Elevation Church titled Green Light at the Red Sea.
This sermon was given at Elevation Church on September 12, 2021.
Even though Elevation is located in Charlotte, NC – you can get involved from anywhere in the world! Visit elevationchurch.cc for information on how to join a volunteer team or an eGroup.
As always, please remember these are not my thoughts. Simply the notes I took while Pastor was speaking. Context is needed. Click here to watch Green Light at the Red Sea on Youtube. I’ve also linked the Bible verses so you can click those to read.
Thank you for taking the time to read today. 🏝
Sermon Notes : Green Light at the Red Sea
- (Sidenote : Pastor is wearing a palm tree shirt, which made my day. ?)
- Psalm 106:7-12
- God will split a sea to get you free.
- Or remove a relationship…
- Allow pain or thorns into your life…
- God is committed to me being free.
- More than he wants you to be happy, comfortable, or right.
- GOD IS GOING TO GET HIS GLORY.
- (My personal note : don’t be the person who honks the same second the light turns green.)
- Exodus 13:17-18
- Only God knows when you’re really ready.
- Don’t play God in someone else’s life and try to answer when they ask why they are going through certain situations.
- Sometimes we think we are ready, but God gives us a red light.
- More influence just means more responsibility.
- Dressed for does not mean the same as ready for it.
- God can leave thorns to keep you grounded.
- He keeps us moving because he knows that we will go back.
- Sometimes God gives us a red light, but we run it.
- Exodus 14:10-15
- The bible uses history to teach theology.
- I am ready for the promised land, but I am not ready for the Red Sea.
- God knows you’re standing in front of something right now that is standing in between you and freedom.
- God will get his glory as you go through it.
- Our instinct is to reverse back into what is comfortable.
- Have you been giving up on yourself?
- It does’t work in reverse. You can’t go back there.
- Sometimes when you feel restless, that is God honking at you.
- You can’t stay stuck where you were 10 years ago.
- You’ll never see the manna.
- The miracle is not in your feelings – it’s in your feet.
- You’ve got to move.
- God gives you the green light, but he will not drive the car.
- Quit looking to external means of testimony to the grace of God. You’ve got to have an internal testimony.
- You’ve got green even in the valley.
- God will bring you through the desert to your destiny.
- You will come out of this refined, restored and with a revelation.
- You got green. ?
- God will give you grace for your greatest embarrassments.
- Thank God for second chances…third chances…etc,.
- When you don’t remember, you rebel.
- God is committed to your freedom.
- He didn’t bring you here just to leave you here.
- God is going to do it for you anyway…in spite of your stupid, stubbornness…
- He’s going to save you anyway.
- You’ve got a green light, but you’ve go to go.
- God will give you evidence.
- Grace, Resources, Energy, Evidence, Navigate
- John 6:9-10
- God will give you some place to sit.
- You can preach to your unbelief.
- If you stand still, you die inside.
Again, I thank you for taking the time to read today.
Be sure to leave a comment letting me know your favorite takeaway. ⤵️