The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
If you’d like to become an online volunteer, or join an eGroup then click this link to find out more!
Please remember that these are not my original thoughts, simply the notes that I took while Pastor Steven was speaking. If you need additional context then click here to watch From What If To What Is on YouTube.
Bible verses are linked so you can click on them to read.
Thank you for taking the time to stop by today, I appreciate you. If you have a minute, be sure to let me know your favorite takeaway in the comment section below. 🏝
Sermon Notes : From What If To What Is
- Let God wash over you.
- Sing the song that is the opposite of how you feel if how you feel is the opposite of God’s word.
- Exodus 4:1-5
- Some stuff you should run from.
- What if. What is.
- From What if to What is.
- What if can be a sort of recklessness that can serve you well in some seasons.
- But it can turn into a weapon from satan to keep me from doing things that God has called on me to do.
- Do you get into a spiral of what if’s like Pastor Steven demonstrated? I confess that I do…all the time.
- He’s gonna do it!
- Moses doesn’t doubt God, but the Hebrews.
- The things your most afraid of can be a clue to the thing that you’re assigned to.
- Any view of God’s will that does not accommodate for your mistakes is too narrow.
- There comes a time when we can stop solving problems and start shrinking God because we can get caught up in what if.
- Gotta get through the what if so we can get through the what is.
- It’s not if I fail, it’s what if I’m not enough to recover.
- Once you start playing the what if game,
- The more you love something the more opportunity the devil has to get in it and make you afraid of it.
- What if God is bigger than any of the things you’ve just listed?
- If God called you to do it, you have what it takes.
- God’s not iffy, you are.
- We shrink God to the size of the scenario we can understand.
- To help break the cycle, if we let him, God will move from what if to what is.
- None of your stress is in the present moment.
- You are not going to receive what you are to receive if you can not be fully where you are.
- A difference of mentalities.
- God brings you back to what is when you get stuck in what if.
- You ever felt like you’re holding on to something and it’s slipping?
- If God be for you, who can be against you?
- It’s not about what they say.
- The moment you let go of it, it will transform.
- As long as you’re worrying, you’re still the one controlling it.
- When we focus on what is in our hands, God starts focusing on what’s not in your hand.
- Give it to God and he will give it to you.
- You will not find your strength in the wilderness of what if.
- Your staff is something else.
- When you need it to be something else, it’ll be something else.
- Stop measuring your future problems by your current strength.
- Get out of the future and get into His presence.
- Numbers 13:26-31
- Nobody in all of those verses said one thing about God – this turned a 2 week journey into 40 years in the wilderness.
- Where is God in your what if?
- What if God sees something you don’t see?
- What if the thing you’re worried about is already taken care of?
- God gave you what you need for now.
- Just keep breathing.
- Even if the worst thing happened, God will still be with us.
- God can and he will, but even if he didn’t, he’s still God.
- Give God the what if because he’ll show you what’s in your hand and what is not in your control.