Sermon Notes : Pastor Holly Furtick – The Foundation For Favor
The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Hey friend! I hope you are well today. Below you will find my sermon notes for this weekend’s (Dec. 20, 2020) message at Elevation Church. This sermon was delivered by Pastor Holly Furtick, and is titled The Foundation for Favor.
I don’t know how it’s possible, but both her and Pastor Steven seem to be preaching on such a deeper level that really speaks to my soul. I feel so ignited after each of their messages.
Elevation Church is located in Charlotte, NC – but you can get involved from anywhere in the world! This is my weekly reminder to not just be a consumer, but a contributor as well. Head to elevationchurch.cc to join an eTeam or eGroup.
As always, I take these notes in real time, so context is needed – be sure to watch and/or re-watch the message for yourself.
Thank you for dropping by. Have a wonderful rest of your day! 💛
Sermon Notes : The Foundation For Favor
- What are you receiving from God in this season?
- I want favor that is beautiful and doesn’t make me uncomfortable.
- The surface is safe.
- You’ve got to share some things with some people.
- Fake favor centers around stuff.
- If you can only see God’s favor in the stuff, then you have a very limited view of a very big God.
- Stuff is fun, but it has a short shelf life.
- No more fake favor.
- Jeremiah 17:7-8
- Having a relationship with God does not make us exempt from struggles, but it gives us a foundation when hard things come.
- It allows us to bear fruit even in the midst of the storm.
- Fake trees look good, but fake trees can’t bear fruit.
- Is your life rooted in your relationship with Jesus?
- Strong people don’t happen by accident.
- Strength reveals itself in a dry season.
- Soreness is an indication that you’re getting stronger.
- You’re going to need a foundation that can sustain you.
- Luke 1:26-38
- Are you aware of God’s presence in your everyday life?
- Mary had space in her life for God.
- How are you filling the pockets of time during your day?
- If you spend your day scrolling, you’re going to end your day starving.
- Are you prioritizing church in your home?
- If you let the important things slip, then when you come into a difficult storm you won’t have the foundation to help you stay standing.
- The strength you need in the next season is coming through what is God is speaking to you right now.
- Luke 1:38 TPT
- Mary accepted the calling that God had placed on her life.
- If we don’t have acceptance, then we will abandon our calling at the first sign of struggle.
- Living in the favor of God requires work.
- You are enough, and you have everything you need.
- You can do hard things.
- Luke 1:39-45
- God will not move your feet for you.
- Favor requires action on your part.
- Usually, every calling starts with a small step.
- Sometimes God’s favor shows up in people in our lives.
- We need each other.
- Do you have someone you look up to for who they are?
- You may think that you don’t need people, but what if another person needs you?
- Luke 1:46-55
- At some point, the words you need to hear have to come from yourself.
- You can draw from it on the days when you feel weak.
- Fear and anxiety don’t have to occupy space in us.
- You are never alone.