Sermon Notes : Pastor Steven Furtick – Flex Space
The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Happy Sunday, y’all! (At least it’s Sunday here as I’m writing this.)
I pray that you are all doing wonderfully today. We’re still in the middle of this crazy time so I’m also praying that you are healthy and safe.
Pastor Steven spoke today on the subject of Flex Space. You’ll find my notes below.
To watch this message in it’s entirety on YouTube, click here.
What is your favorite takeaway? Let me know in the comments. ⤵️
As always – please remember that I take these notes as he’s speaking, so context may be needed. Be sure to watch the message yourself.
Take care and enjoy the rest of your week. 🧡
Pastor Steven Furtick – Flex Space
- Isaiah 54:1-4
- God is exploding some of our limitations in this season because he wants out of the box.
- God will use a shut down to show off.
- Living a little while demotes the things that we call “disasters” in our lives – they may actually become blessings in disguise – give it time.
- The spaces where you thought God had left you were actually the setups for him to do the greatest things in your life.
- Have you ever had something in you that says that even though everything is against you, you still know that God is for you?
- Between what it was and what it is is the space where we don’t know what God is doing.
- I’m not saying that it all makes sense, but I’ve got faith.
- I’m not saying it’s not scary, I’m just saying that God is with me.
- It’s not wasted space, it’s flex space.
- Leaving the space empty on purpose so we can grow into it.
- What looks like it is wasted is a stage that God is setting.
- God takes what the enemy means for evil.
- We need to sing before we see.
- Whatever you do, whatever the enemy takes away from you in this season, if you feel like you’ve lost progress, don’t you ever let the devil have your song.
- Excuses come in to keep us from expanding.
- Sometimes I don’t want to sing it if I don’t mean it
- WELL THEN SING IT TIL YOU MEAN IT!
- God lives where gratitude is.
- God is here!
- How flexible are you, how flexible is your faith?
- You have to have a vision that is not dependent on the situation.
- God is creating space.
- Captivity is an opportunity.
- God fills the spaces we call empty.
- God – give me a vision or I’ll get discouraged.
- We’ve lost sight of what God spoke so a lot of us are dying right now.
- It may take our whole lives before we make sense of certain things, but it is not wasted.
- God sees what we call wasted as a stage.
- How much space have you given God to work in your life?
- Or do you keep certain corners secret?
- God said I’m coming into your situation – I’m breaking through like I’m strong and mighty.
- Let’s flex on the devil real quick in the name of the Lord! 💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻
- When I am weak, God is strong.
- My weakness is flex space.
- 2020 is not wasted – it’s a set up!
- God can’t be strong while you are pretending to be.
- Strengthen and stretch.
- It’s no good to have strong faith if it’s not flexible faith.
- Apo-kara-dokia – eagerly expecting
- God is growing your heart, and your capacity to trust him…but he needs an uncertain place to do it.
- Paul turned his prison cell into a pulpit.
- Philippians 1:20
- The people’s faith is strong because they stretched it.
- Your life is a breath.
- God is trying to take your life and show the world what he can do through a heart that is committed to him.
- “Blessed are the flexible for their faith can not be broken.” 😂
- When he doesn’t show up when you want him, it’s because he’s going to show off when he comes.
- The battleground becomes a testing ground for faith.
- The strength is in the stretch.
- Tell me how strong your faith is when it happened exactly the opposite of how you saw it going, but you still stretched forward your faith into a greater hope – an eager expectation.
- God can only fill what we bring him.
- Or is your mind so filled with the expectations that you had that he doesn’t have room to fill it?
- We can’t let the devil have our song or our hope.
- God, do what you want to do.
- We need to leave God a little room in how we are raising our kids.
- Have you given God room to show off in your life? Or do you have him in a little box that you’re wanting him to doing everything exactly how you’re wanting and expecting.
- I’ve still got a song!
- The name of the Lord is a strong power!
- Sing, stretch and don’t hold back – the moment you begin to shrink back because of fear, God says do not fear disgrace! He’s giving us a new normal. Remember no more the shame of your youth.
- He’s about to do things that our eyes have not seen, that our ears have not heard and nothing is wasted!
- He’s powerful, wonderful, glorious.
That’s what I’ve got! I hope this helped to supplement some of your own notes.
And #eFam – we are not limited by location so no matter where you are in the world, there is a spot for you!