Hi friend – I hope you’re having a happy day!
This is your reminder go sign up to be a volunteer! Visit elevationchurch.cc for more information on volunteers roles, or to join an eGroup.
Also a reminder to go watch the sermon here on YouTube because context is needed for these notes. Bible passages are linked if you’d like to click to read.
Have an amazing week ahead. And thank you for stopping by. 💛
Sermon Notes : Flatbread Faith
- Exodus 12:37-42
- Self awareness is an ongoing process.
- We never really tell everybody everything.
- We are all working off of our own point of view.
- We’re all reductionists and/or revisionists.
- Try to boil every complicated thing down to its simplest form.
- Or try to overcomplicate what is simple.
- Stuff gets left out so that we will still show up.
- God doesn’t want them to take yeast from Egypt into the place that they were promised.
- He gives lessons in leaving it out.
- What is God leaving out in my life right now to lead me to where he called me all along.
- Disappointments; Deficiency; Deletions
- God will not be confined to a picture our eyes can perceive.
- Life happens in transitions.
- Acts 1:6-7
- God will not restore what we had before – he’ll replace it with something much better.
- It’s not going to be like it was.
- God’s power is revealed in the details he leaves out.
- If we know something, we don’t have the opportunity to believe it.
- God doesn’t define our lives by our failures, but by our faith.
- Luke 15:20-22
- When the devil tempts you, he leaves a lot of stuff out about what it will cost you.
- This moment is not about the things you’ve done in the past. God is not condemning you to crush you.
- Leave that out.
- Celebrate right now!
- Do you have any space for God’s blessings?
- God is bringing you into a grace space.
- Everything being removed is making room for you to receive.
- We need to praise God for what he is pruning.
- The wilderness is not our destination.
- The place of the deficit will be the place of deposit.
- Leave the regret out.
- 1 Cor 5:7
Be sure to leave a comment letting me know your favorite portion of this sermon. ⤵️