Hi friends. I pray that your get to see some sunshine from wherever you are today.
Thanks for stopping by today. I just have to say that today’s message at Elevation Church was a pretty powerful one. We heard from Pastor Dharius Daniels.
As soon as I see the link had been posted, I’ll add that here.
Remember to head to elevationchurch.cc to join an eTeam or eGroup, if you’re interested. Even though Elevation is based in Charlotte, NC – you can get involved from wherever you are.
Also, my weekly reminder that I take my notes in real time, so context is needed. Be sure to watch for yourself. 💛
Sermon Notes : I Didn’t See That Coming
- Exodus 13:17-18
- God is unpredictable.
- There is no inconsistency though – he is reliably reliable.
- There is unpredictability in his actions.
- You can predict who he’ll be, but you can’t always predict what he’ll do.
- “The devil sent it, but I like it, so I’m going to leave it.”
- “God, I’ve never been in this much pain. God says you’ve also never been in this much prayer.”
- If I want to be used by God I must be willing to be disrupted.
- The course and quality of my life is going to be determined by my ability to handle what I didn’t see coming.
- We have to be willing to relinquish control.
- The ideas we have control is an illusion.
- We have responsibility and influence – God control belongs to God.
- We are carrying weight we weren’t conditioned to carry.
- “God weight.”
- Our bodies and minds respond in a way that lets us know we were not designed to carry that weight.
- Do you only trust God with your past? Or do you trust him with your future?
- This means I must be willing to wrap my head around and receive what we see in the text.
- It offers insight on how to handle seasons we didn’t see coming.
- We may be able to see where God is taking us, but may be surprised at how he takes us there.
- Promised Land
- The only 2 locations in the conversation were Egypt and the Promised Land.
- The route was never mentioned in the promise.
- God knows what battles we are not ready to fight.
- “There’s a backside to every blessing.” (He mentioned who said that originally, but I missed it.)
- Divine delay is not denial.
- Maybe you’re ready for it, but you’re not ready for it.
- Your heart has to be as good as your gift.
- A blessing will feel like a curse if you get it too early.
- God intentionally withheld information from them until they were too far into it to go back.
- If you knew everything you were saying yes to, we may never give our yes.
- It’s not negative – it’s necessary. It’s only negative when you stay there longer than you have to.
- The wilderness represents what you cannot predict.
- These are seasons of preparation.
- God is the only one who will take you to school, and you didn’t even know you were in class.
- It puts us in position to handle where we are right now.
- Wherever there is preparation there is pruning.
- Forward motion isn’t just attached to what we start doing, it’s also attached to what we stop doing.
- He prunes us : issues, other people, attitudes.
- New seasons feel like old seasons when we don’t let go of old issues.
- Bad company corrupts good character.
- God will purge us of attitudes.
- When you can’t control it – you manage it.
- How it is managed determines whether it’s prolonged or permanent.
- Exodus 16:31
- Manna represents :
- 1.) The times when God’s performance doesn’t match your expectation.
- Gods provision is in the form of a project.
- 2.) Times when God supernaturally suffocates your supply.
- There are things we’ll ask for in the wilderness that we’ll have in overflow when we get to Canaan.
- We can’t forget our source.
- 3.) Seasonal supply.
- Temporary provision.
- We can be so busy looking for a miracle that we miss the one we are in.
- Praise is an expression of gratitude.
- Refuse to be infected with entitlement.
- Just because you’re surprised doesn’t mean you’re not prepared.
- God has been preparing you for it.
- In a season like this, are you going to apply what your teacher has taught you?
- Doubt is illogical when we look back on God’s track record in our past.
- If he doesn’t provide it, he will teach us how to live without it.
Once again – this message is 🔥 so be sure to watch!
Thanks for dropping by – see you next week!