The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
If you’d like to volunteer with Elevation from anywhere in the world, click here.
Love Week is coming. Visit loveweek22.com to learn more about volunteer opportunities.
Also, please remember that these are not my own thoughts, just the notes that I took while Pastor Steven was speaking. If you need to watch the message again, click here to watch Deeper Than You Think on YouTube.
I’ve also linked the Bible verses so you can click those to read.
Thanks for taking the time to stop by today. Be sure to leave a comment and let me know your favorite takeaway. 🏝
Sermon Notes : Deeper Than You Think
- John 4:1-24
- Is Jesus thinking a little bit more deeply than you are thinking of your situation at the moment? Does he see it like you see it?
- We skim and we scroll.
- We avoid certain things. ie : finishing things, starting things, trusting, going to church.
- Be careful about your rush to judgement concerning someone whose journey you have not shared.
- Pastor Steven says peace is letting God explain it later.
- We solve it on the level we see it.
- You can see the well, and the woman but you can’t see what is happening within that Jesus wants to fix.
- We slap religious labels on behavior modification methods that keep us coming back to the wrong well to be happy.
- Happiness is an inside job, but we do outside stuff.
- Success is an illusion.
- We don’t see what other people struggle with.
- Be curious about who you’re with. They’re deeper than you think.
- Arrogant people are the most insecure people.
- Strong, whole people are humble people.
- Jesus was digging with the woman.
- We can be suspicious based on our history.
- God is not surprised by this season of your life.
- God has been busy all along, your situation may seem ridiculous or scary but it’s deeper than you think. God brought you into this moment to remind you that there is a well on our land.
- When Jesus paid for your salvation, you don’t just get the field, you get the well too.
- God doesn’t just want the external parts of us. Jesus died for what is inside.
- Have you ever stopped to wonder what is under everything?
- We can also make things deeper than they are.
- Life will eventually put you in a situation where you from that point forward know your need for something to stand on.
- Stop being so hard on yourself.
- We need people to help us when we are weak.
- Sometimes what you’re dealing with right now isn’t what you’re dealing with right now.
- Jesus can help you deal with that.
- Respect the roots.
- Praise God now for what he will explain later.
- The problem is deeper than we think, but so is the power.
- The patience of God will not run out.
- God’s spirit and kingdom are in us.
- You’ve been telling God how deep the well is, he’s trying to show you how deep his grace is.
- The grace is deeper still.
- Fear is deep, but faith is deeper still.
- Move in the direction of his word for your life.