The following post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase from these links I may receive a small commission, but it does not cost you anything extra. I appreciate your support.
Elevation is located in Charlotte, NC – but that doesn’t mean you can’t get involved from anywhere in the world! Head to elevationchurch.cc to find out how to volunteer for an online team, or to join an eGroup.
Please keep in mind that these are not my own thoughts. These are my notes as Pastor Steven was speaking. You’ll need some context to understand each point, so click on this link to watch Copy That on YouTube.
Also, I’ve linked the Bible verses, so you can click on those to read.
As always, thank you for taking the time to read. If this is your first time here, you can click here to read more of my sermon notes from Elevation Church.
Be sure to leave a comment letting me know your favorite takeaway. ⤵️
Sermon Notes : Copy That
- Don’t look for the gold, look for the glory.
- You can’t do what the world does and get what the word says.
- Hebrews 13:7-8
- Do you have moments where you need a better example?
- People do what people see.
- The challenge is sometimes you have to be something that you’ve never seen before.
- That which you copy, and copy is that which you become.
- Is the way of life that I am choosing producing the outcome that I desire?
- We need more leaders, less opinions, less influencers.
- What you see on your Reels is not real.
- Romans 12:2
- What’s in you has to come out.
- Matthew 4:1-10
- What example do I want to set for what I worship?
- Spend more time remembering those who spoke the word over you…that is what you copy.
- Fight the spirit of the world with the word.
- The same God that delivered me from that will deliver me from this.
- Imitate their faith not their flaws.
- Stop copying crazy – consider the outcome.
- Somethings that are really bad, feel really good to think.
- To consider the outcome, you’ve got to monitor the input.
- We want to imitate someones outcome, but we don’t want to imitate their faith.
- We want what someone has, but don’t want to do what they did.
- Where is this headed? Consider the outcome.Wwhat did you grow up with that you are now emulating?
- You can break generational cycles even if your parents didn’t.
- You have permission to break a bad pattern.
- You’re a good person – you just have bad patterns.
- Stop indulging your insecurities.
- Hebrews 8:7
- The enemy takes you back to what you saw your entire life – so even when God is bringing you to better, you will sink back to the baseline to what you’ve seen.
- God has invested something in you.
- It is not for you to break the pattern. To live. To love.
- You haven’t even seen the blueprint of the true you.
- Nobody can curse what God has blessed.